ATV Scabbard for my AR 15??

Rustydog

I am wondering if anyone knows where I can get a scabbard for my Honda ATV which will work for an AR 15? I haven't looked around yet, but I am thinking that a normal ATV scabbard will not work!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Rustydog

Rustydog,
Here's what I'm going to do. I got the idea from another guy that I went out calling with from here awhile back. Get yourself a Gunboot. Then, cut the notch to fit the lower of the AR. Next, find yourself a large, heavy duty fleece neck gator. Make sure the neck gator has a pullcord on one end with a toggle. Get out your rivet gun and drill. You're going to pop rivet that neck gator to the lower section of the gun boot. You obviously need to make it go beyond the notch so that dust/snow will stay out. After you have it all riveted together, you can easily slip your AR in it and pull the cord on the gator tight. It works really good and kept all of the spindrift snow off the gun. It stayed put too and worked like a champ. With that lower riding in the notch, it really stays put. Those directions are fairly crude, but you should get the idea.

A hard plastic gun case bungee corded to the rack will do the trick for keeping it from the elements.

I've got a set of Mad Dog Fin Grip Pro gun holders on my front rack that hold an AR real good. The gun stays pretty clean up front, as long as no one is kicking up crap in front of you on another atv. No good for keeping it from the elements though...

I bolted a Plano airplane plastic gun case to my front tool box on the atv. It holds the rifle upright and the lid flips open leaving rifle out on top. Fairly quick to operate, pretty weather proof. T.20

Back