remington 700 vs stock ?

skeetlee

I was told today that the stocks on the Remington 700 vs, had Bell and Carlson stocks and not HS stocks. The rifle i am refering to are the older no longer made 700 vs and vssf, not the new ones with palm swell. I always thought they were HS stocks. Any ideas? Lee

I have always thought so, but i have never seen a bell and carlson to know the difference. The guy that told me this is fairly knowledgeable about rifle. He said that Remington had Bell and Carlson make the stocks for that model, but just for a couple years? I dont know! I do know one thing, I have 2 and love them both! well one for sure and the other is doing better. Lee

They came with both stocks,there will be a round or oval stamp just forward of the magazine opening.I forget which is which,call HS and they will be able to tell you.
Is yours a VS with a 1:9 barrel? I had one with a bell and carlson stock.

Quote:
They came with both stocks,there will be a round or oval stamp just forward of the magazine opening.I forget which is which,call HS and they will be able to tell you.
Is yours a VS with a 1:9 barrel? I had one with a bell and carlson stock.

Yep, that's right. The HS versions were circles, the Bell stocks were oval in front of the lug area. You can also feel the difference.

They had trouble with this stock at first I think??
My stock cracked at the front sling post, I sent it back and they replaced the stock for free and shipped it home ( also they did this very fast..
they told me that there was no support for the sling stud on the first models then they fixed it by putting a block in it. my gun has to be at least 15 years old and it didn't crack till i had it about 8 years.

Love that gun and Remington arms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I cant say for sure, but I had a remmy stock that had a crack next to the front sling swivel. Sent it to H.S. and they sent it back repaired. No charge.

Pysco-dog

they contracetd BOTH companies for stocks. The circle stamp in the barrel channeel is HS Precision,......and Oval stamp is B&C. I called remington a few years back and was given the straight answer. Wonder if she still has a job????

Back