Are all tikka t3's long action

gethuntin

Cant remember for sure i thought i had it all figured out i was going to get rid of my 30-06 and go to a tikka 308 bc i really like short actions but i thought i heard a while back they are long actions anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif and i thought about getting a 223 varmit tikka to replave my m77.
I guess my question is if they are long actions, those with short action cartridges is it that big of a deal. i never cyled a tikka with a shell before. i hate how some actions the bullets gets hung up a little and it takes a little finnaglan to get it chambered.

Yep............They use a spacer in the magazine and different bolt stops for the shorter cartriges.
That and all of the plastic is what keeps Tika's out of my safe.
To bad cause they generally shoot pretty well.

Tikkas are good shooters. Just too many things i don't like. On top of what you already stated, the recoil lug makes me laugh every time I look at one. Just can't figure out why it is what it is. I also can't stand the looks of the rifle itself. I also have dealt with Beretta once since they bought Sako/Tikka, and I'd rather never do it again. Lets just say its not like calling RCBS or Leupold. Replacement parts are priced ridiculously high, and they won't give you a [beeep] thing for free without you sending them your whole friggin' rifle. I don't care if it is a removable part, like a trigger guard, or floor plate. They want the whole rifle.That is typical of most Europeans I know, none have ever admitted to a mistake, and they will insist you go out of your way to prove it if they have. Germans of course, being the worst, but I digress........

Quote:
Tikkas are good shooters. Just too many things i don't like. On top of what you already stated, the recoil lug makes me laugh every time I look at one. Just can't figure out why it is what it is. I also can't stand the looks of the rifle itself. I also have dealt with Beretta once since they bought Sako/Tikka, and I'd rather never do it again. Lets just say its not like calling RCBS or Leupold. Replacement parts are priced ridiculously high, and they won't give you a [beeep] thing for free without you sending them your whole friggin' rifle. I don't care if it is a removable part, like a trigger guard, or floor plate. They want the whole rifle.That is typical of most Europeans I know, none have ever admitted to a mistake, and they will insist you go out of your to prove it if they have. Germans of course, being the worst, but I digress........

Ruger is the same way. Wanted a new forearm on a #1, they don't sell just the forearm, you have to send the whole rifle in and they mean the WHOLE rifle! I removed the internal workings cause I have a custom hammer and they were gonna replace all the parts to the tune of over $300. I sent the parts in, took over 2 months before I got my rifle back.

Ole

Tikka's may have some "plastic" in them but we've been fed plastic by any and all factory rifle manufacturer you want to mention for years.

I just bought my fourth Tikka (stainless 22-250)and it shoots just like the other three I own whch is better than 99% of all factory rifles.

For the price, I can live with a few delrin parts. For starters, it would take a big gorilla to break delrin parts. Try running over your CZ stamped metal magazine with a 4-wheeler and see if it works after the fact. I know of at least one of those "plastic" delrin magazines that kept functioning just fine after that kind of treatment.

No doubt about it, theyr'e not a Sako, but they are a hell of a good factory rifle for the money...

As usual, JMO - BCB

For my use of the Tikka, Coyote hunting, Jack Rabbits etc.. it works fine. The magazine has had no ill effects on a quick follow up shot when needed.. the Plastic Magazine, feeds the shells smoothly into the chamber with no hesitation or rough spots. When you consider cost, ease of operation and already coming from the factory with free floated barrel, and an MOA garuntee, its a safe buy. Im sure other opinions here differ alot.. But I enjoy my LiL T3 LIte. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

I'm getting really confussed now. Weeks on end I read about how great the Tikka rifles are, now I own two and all the negitives come out. I have a T-3 lite in 243 with a thin barrel and a 22-250 varmint. As of now the thin barrel 243 shoots well under a half inch, sometimes just a ragged hole, and the 22-250 is on its way to doing the same. I dont really care for the stocks, and some of the other plastic,but they work. Didnt mean to get off the subject but figured I would throw this in. Really like the weight of the thin barrel, it ought to make a great deer rifle.

Pysco-dog

Don't worry about the negatives unless you have personally experienced them! All gun owners have had + & - experiences with various rifles. I've got (2) Tikka's (243 T3 Lite & 22-250 Varmint) and they both shot "lights out" right out of the box. So obviously, I think $ for $, they are hard to beat!

negatives arent all that big of negatives some people actually see them as positives, or minor differences from what their use to . the 30-06 i am thinking of getting rid of is actually a remington 700 mt rifle because of some things i dont like about it. im thinking id rather have a shooter out of the box than a project.

I would consider myself a high end gun snob - love pre-64 model 70's, old Winchesters, Model 21 and Superposed shotguns, Benelli auto's, you name it, I've got it. I flat out LOVE my Tikka's. The last couple of years, they are the only rifles that have gone on all 10 of my successful big game hunts. Here's some pics:

Buck002.jpg

October2007006.jpg

October2007015.jpg

Buck07.jpg

Back