Forum Wars?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarolinaSquid

I belong to a bunch of forums, here, mossyoak, ruger, etc, somebody told me about one called fins and fur, what is the deal with them and pm? they are really nasty over there regarding foxpro and pm, is there some hidden history? harsh words for sure, like 15 pages worth!

" ..Red Frog should be named Red Toad he looks like he swallowed a beach ball...Dogboy is an egomaniacal supposed ex-cop with a Hitler complex...and Weasel..well hes just a WEASEL!"

Generally when one forum has members putting down another website, it is because those people have had trouble with the integrity of their posts, or will not follow the rules of a forum.

I'm an Admin on another hunting forum, & one of our rules is that nobody resort to character assasination, or put down our sport, or post spam, or advertise free with their posts, unless it's in the free classifieds.

One way or another, those people find a forum to belittle the forum that prevented them from abusing the forum they came from.

I remember hearing that you can judge a man's character by the enemies he has....That's true, & mostly the members of a forum you see bad talking another forum, you would not want as a member here anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It is kinda like Rap Music, it is East Coast versus West Coast thing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif LOL "not really, I just couldn't help myself."

I am from the extreme Western portion of the East Coast. I am at least 90 miles from the Atlantic Ocean. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have been a member of many forums as well and I have to say that this is one of the best maintained sites that you can be a part of. See for yourself. Join a few and see how members of other forums blast and ridicule other members of the same forum! This forum isn't about starting arguments and picking fights. Its about people sharing their expert knowledge, a few good stories, etc.

The same thing happens here. If you don't believe that then go to the Call Makers Forum & read what people say about factory hand calls versus custom hand calls from the paying call makers here. The factory calls have been called "plastic crapped into a mold" & a host of other nasty names. Then you will be told to see this call maker or that call maker & support PM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif The guys selling factory calls are supporting PM too. So don't get too high on yourself about the great way things are done here because if you look deep enough you will see the same thing happening here. Go to the Ecall forum & watch everybody's post get deleted when it's against FP. Yet watch the masses rip apart & belittle the other e-callers on the market. Hello!! They are all paying sponsors here!!

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

It's impossible to keep the peace with EVERYONE at ALL times.
Hunters are generally very passionate about what they believe, as are those people in the business of selling hunters what we think we need.

If posts are against form policy, then they will be dealt with by administration as the administration sees best.

The way they are dealt with vary from admin to admin as well.

By and large, this site & the one I admin are 2 of the most respected furums on the net.

It has to do with how strict the owners want the forum policy adhered to.

No site is perfect.

I'm a member on a few other sites and I hang out on this one 90% of the time for a reason, one forum I used to post on would have comments making fun of other members posted in their sig, not just joking but trying to make that person look like an idiot... It just gets old real fast, take a look around AR15 sometime... LOL

I love this site b/c we have so many knowledgeable members that are willing to help out the newcomers and most our members are all around good guys... I'd feel comfortable posting an open invitation on here for all members to come hunt or fish with me and maybe even crash if they needed a place to stay, I certainly wouldn't feel comfortable putting that opportunity out there on other forums I post on as you never know what you'll get from there...

I don't know about you guys but some sites are just plain immature whiners. I really don't need to know how many times you can use the f bomb in one sentence. I can do it with the best of em but that is no way to communicate with your peers and make an good impression. I know I'll put my size 12 in my yapper too but at least I try to be respectful of my fellow PMers. arfcom is one of those places where I have read some real garbage. Not to rip directly on arfcom just a few members there. I appreciate the fact we are able to converse like adults. PM is the premiere hunting site in my opinion.

KH

I am a moderator on another site and a member of many. Still the two that I frequent the most are the one I moderate and this one. PM has the most friendly and helpful folks you will find anywhere on the net when it comes to firearms and calling. I have to say that I have been a member here for a while and have always got help and suggestions when asked.

It is what it is. There are bad apples everywhere that ruin it for everyone. But before joining a site spend a few weeks there and then sign up if you like the site. That is probably a good policy but on some of the sites I have been lurking on I do not want any part of at all. PM is the best of the 4 or 5 I visit. The others are ok but not like pm, period.

Rockinbar thats a pretty well laid out post you wrote. Like in anything, its easy to stray from the main focus of a board and they quickly turn into havens for these types of wars. PM has maintained a family friendly atmosphere since Ive been a member. Having to meet those requirements we are gonna step on some toes. Someone is gonna get mad cause his post got edited or he got banned. Well when a fish leaves one pond he has to find another to swim in. And no hard feelings on this end, usually not so on the other end.

Glen S, we ask that members support our call makers so in turn they stay here and support PM. Have you ever left a city and it had a billboard "Shop in XYZ, Keep your money here"? Same principle. Why wouldnt we encourage members to stay close to home. Yes there are good products out there, but as a family we dont ask members to drive 100 miles to a mechanic when we have one in house. On the same token we dont discourage members from researching possibaly better products to suit their needs.

And the Foxpro complaint you pose isnt 100% accurate, other threads slamming other callers have been shut down. But then again Foxpro being the biggest in the industry is going to recieve some negative and probably going to be host to the most debates resulting in threads being shut down. Basically when youre at the top, there's always someone wanting to knock you down, and its allowed until it breaks the TOS.

I dont really know how to take your post, you have a high post count but seem disgruntled.

It should not matter if you buy from a paying custom call maker HERE or a paying advertiser HERE that sells mass produced calls. When folks run down a mass produced call sold by a PM paying advertiser it's just wrong. I know the hobby guys pay $75,, or used to,, it might be more/less now I don't know,, & it seems their money is more important than a banner advertisers money. It's all inhouse regardless of where the call is ordered from period.

Don't worry about my feelings. I'm alright. I just tend to tell things the way I see them & it usually irritates somebody here. I guess I don't "fall in line all the time" you might say & people get offended by my opinions. So be it. Apparently thats why my opinions are construed as disruptive. Don't like my posts then skip over them. That's what I do with certain people on several boards anyhow.

I guess I'm just the guy on the outside looking in & my judgement isn't clouded by what it takes to run a forum.

Quote:
i don't want to cut anyone down or read someone else cutting someone down thats why i hang out here.

BINGO...ya nailed it!

Well Glen you are correct, yes to some point we do protect our sponsors (booooo hissss hisssss).

We offer an unbiased environment for our sponsors to sell their products until it moves beyond the product. If a member has factual evidence that he called a sponsor and got no assistance whatsoever with an issue and wants to vent, he can have the floor. If he wants to lay on the floor and complain that it didnt call in 15 coyotes and that the product is a pos, we try to get the subject back on track. When he wants to rip apart those who use the product in a not so family friendly way, well we suspend them.

Really very simple. Not rocket science and not too many secrets kept around this place as many try to make it seem.

It is only a war when two sides decide to do battle. Other boards have every right to run their place as they see fit, and we will do likewise.

Glen S-I appreciate your efforts to help us do the right thing. Help from our loyal members will go a long way in our efforts. That is our mission. Would you be so kind as to point out these indiscretions on our part in a PM to me and I will take a look.

Keep in mind there are two sides to every story. The board you mention has reasons for their bitterness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back