I found this article and thought it had a great Similarity with what
is happening to Hunting as a whole.

HOORAY, HOORAY, HOORAY FOR Paul Harvey 1/4/2008 10:31 pm Karma: 0

Paul Harvey!
Folks this is the Month that we RE-TAKE AMERICA

********* Get Ready *********

Paul Harvey and Prayer

Paul Harvey says:

I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin, but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his Theory of Evolution

Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game.

So what' s the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game.

But it's a Christian prayer, some will argue.

Yes, and this is the United States of America, a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect

If I went to a football game in Jerusalem, I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.

If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad, I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.

If I went to a ping pong match in China, I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.

And I wouldn't be offended.
It wouldn't bother me one bit.
When in Rome ...

But what about the atheists? Is another argument.

What about them?
Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plate. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of ear plugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer!

Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations.

Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating; to pray before we go to sleep.

Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying.

God, help us.
And if that last sentence offends you, well . .. just sue me.

The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care what they want. It is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray; you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right . But by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are fighting back.
and we WILL WIN!

God bless us one and all ... especially those who denounce Him , God bless America, despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all.

God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God.

This will be the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions ... and our Military come home from all the wars.

Keep looking up.

Here are a couple of meeting announcements from the DOW.

Maybe a couple more chances to talk with the commissioners.

----------------------------------------------------------

WILDLIFE COMMISSIONERS TO MEET PUBLIC IN DOLORES

Two members of the Colorado Wildlife Commission will hold a public meeting at the Dolores Public Library, 6:30 p.m. on April 22. The commissioners will discuss local and state wildlife issues, and also want to hear from local residents about wildlife concerns.

The public is invited to talk about any and all issues concerning wildlife, hunting and fishing at this meeting.

Attending the meeting will be [beeep] Ray, a commissioner from Pagosa Springs, and Robert Bray, a commissioner from Redvale. Local staff members of the Colorado Division of Wildlife will also attend.

The Colorado Wildlife Commission is a volunteer board that sets regulations and policies for the DOW. There are nine wildlife commissioners who represent five different districts in Colorado. They are appointed from each of the following groups: livestock producers; agricultural or produce growers; sportsmen or outfitters; wildlife organizations; and boards of county commissioners. The remaining three commissioners are appointed from the public at large.

The Dolores Public Library is located at 1002 Railroad Ave.

-----------------------------------------------------------

WILDLIFE COMMISSIONERS TO MEET PUBLIC IN GUNNISON

Two members of the Colorado Wildlife Commission will hold a public meeting at the Fred Field Western Heritage Center, Gunnison County Fairgrounds, starting at 6:30 p.m., April 23. The commissioners will discuss local and state wildlife issues, and also want to hear from local residents about wildlife concerns.

The public is invited to discuss any and all issues concerning wildlife, hunting and fishing at this meeting.

Attending the meeting will be [beeep] Ray, a commissioner from Pagosa Springs, and Robert Bray, a commissioner from Redvale. Local staff members from the Colorado Division of Wildlife will also attend.

The Colorado Wildlife Commission is a volunteer board that sets regulations and policies for the DOW. There are nine wildlife commissioners who represent five different districts in Colorado. They are appointed from each of the following groups: livestock producers; agricultural producers and growers; sportsmen or outfitters; wildlife organizations; and boards of county commissioners. The remaining three commissioners are appointed from the public at large.

------------------------------------------------------------

I just noticed the [beep] thing. That would be D ick Ray.

If anyone lives in or near these towns, it would be a good opportunity to politely voice your opinion!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Does the North American Wildlife Federation have anything to do with trying to ban the shooting of pd in Co?

I'm sure you must be refering to the National Wildlife Federation. Here are some examples of their position.

Quote:
Round, plump, golden-colored, and unarguably cute, prairie dogs are a hallmark of the western prairie lands.

Quote:
The prairie dog is a keystone species,” say Dougherty, ... Today, without protections, black-tailed prairie dogs are not even safe on federal land

Quote:
A controversial plan to kill thousands of black-tailed prairie dogs in South Dakota also threatens the future of one of America’s most endangered mammals.

Almost makes ya' wanna' cry, don't it?

Hey folks, it is not that we are not reading and watching this. We just have to be careful as Frog as mentioned. You seem to have this well in hand so far!

Quote:
Dear Mr. McCauley,

Thank you for your email to the NRA-ILA regarding prairie dog huntinting in
Colorado. I was informed by our state lobbyist for Colorado and our
representative from the Hunting department that this has been going on
for a number of years now and we will oppose a ban on prairie dog
hunting with all the resources we have. All indications thus far are
that the Commission is simply going through the motions with no intent
to impose a ban. If you have further questions or need more information,
please contact us at (800) 392-8683.

Sincerely,
Alicia Borgess
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

The NRA/ILA doesn't understand that this isn't "business as usual". This is dead serious!

This is a tough fight we have ahead of us. The bunny huggers have been trying for years to get Pdogs listed as an endangered/protected species. But population surveys have been used to shoot down their attempts. Now they have come up with a new approach.

The ARA's are claiming that shooting PD's is "animal cruelty", not hunting. Therefore, they want to ban not only prairie dog hunting, but all small game hunting for animals not classified as game or fur bearers.

This is a new tactic by the ARA's and we can't afford to let them get away with it. If this new ploy is successful in CO, they are sure to try to use it in other States. Remember, their agenda is to eventually ban ALL animal hunting. Hunters and trappers everywhere need to stand together and stop this assault on an American tradition, or we will ALL surely lose.

In the past, sportsmen have not been as united as they should have been, and it has cost us dearly. We may now be at the crossroads where if we don't all work together to Save Our Sport now, the future of hunting and trapping will be decided by the Animal Rights Activists. And you know what that means.

I just called the NRA-ILA at the phone number above. Alicia directed me to a gentlemen that is apparently a direct path to our State Lobbyist. I am to email him links to the info that shows that this is not just "going through the motions".

Everyone please PM me with links to all of the pertinent stuff to make sure I don't miss anything!!!

Thanks!

And if I am duplicating someone elses efforts, please let me know!!!!!!!

Last edited:
As I read this again, I now understand why the NRA-ILA has formed the opinion that this is just "going through the motions".

This is quoted from the published meeting agenda.

http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres/3D35C76F-CF41-426B-B2B6-FA8B2B9C48C9/0/RuleMakingNotice.pdf

At its May meeting, the Wildlife Commission will consider a Citizen Petition for Rule-
making related to prairie dogs, as follows:

A Citizen Petition for rule-making requesting that the Commission consider banning
the shooting of prairie dogs.

The Commission has considered the petition at one previous meeting and, depending on
the information provided at the May Commission meeting, may accept all or a portion of
the petition for further consideration or otherwise reject the petition at the May
Commission meeting.
A copy of the petition may be obtained by calling Brett Ackerman
(303) 291-7278, Regulations Coordinator, Colorado Division of Wildlife.

Perhaps they got hung up on "for further consideration" instead of "or otherwise reject". It appears that no decision to ban would be reached at this meeting, we do however have the opportunity to deliver the knockout blow!!

Last edited:
Quote:
It appears that no decision to ban would be reached at this meeting, we do however have the opportuniy to deliver the knockout blow!!

We can only hope. I've been in touch with several "Commissioners" who are very anti varmint hunting because it 'disgraces the ethics of hunting' because no harvesting of meat is done (by humans I guess, the crows sure love it) such it makes all hunters look bad. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Here is another opportunity.

--------------------------------------------------

WILDLIFE COMMISSIONERS TO MEET PUBLIC IN MONTE VISTA

Two members of the Colorado Wildlife Commission will hold a public meeting at the
Monte Vista Co-op, 6 p.m. on April 24. The commissioners will discuss local and state wildlife issues, and also want to hear from local residents about wildlife concerns.
The public is invited to talk about any and all issues concerning wildlife, hunting and fishing at this meeting.

Attending the meeting will be [beeep] Ray, a commissioner from Pagosa Springs, and Robert Bray, a commissioner from Redvale. Local staff members of the Colorado Division of Wildlife will also attend.

The Colorado Wildlife Commission is a volunteer board that sets regulations and policies for the DOW. There are nine wildlife commissioners who represent five different districts in Colorado. They are appointed from each of the following groups: livestock producers; agricultural or produce growers; sportsmen or outfitters; wildlife organizations; and boards of county commissioners. The remaining three commissioners are appointed from the public at large.

I called it about five years ago... and everyone thought I was crazy!!! That in our lifetime if hunting wasn't banned completely. It was going to be so expensive and micro-managed that, we would not be able to do it. As, much as, I hate to say it...Just a matter of time fella's. We can go out the door kicking and screaming on these deals. But I can only hope that the commisioners aren't going to roll over under the pressure.
If this goes thru you can bet its just the start of many things to come. If this group knows they can push over the DOW. Look out Martha'... theres a storm comin'!

Quote:
I called it about five years ago... and everyone thought I was crazy!!! That in our lifetime if hunting wasn't banned completely. It was going to be so expensive and micro-managed that, we would not be able to do it. As, much as, I hate to say it...Just a matter of time fella's. We can go out the door kicking and screaming on these deals. But I can only hope that the commisioners aren't going to roll over under the pressure.
If this goes thru you can bet its just the start of many things to come. If this group knows they can push over the DOW. Look out Martha'... theres a storm comin'!

I agree but look at the ban that we had east of I-25 on shooting PD before on public land.

DOW is changing if you look at the latest figures the bulk of funding comes from hunting and fishing fees. 677,000 hunters and 265,000 fished, hunting pumped $448 million into the economy fishing $582 million, 2.4 million people participate in wildlife watching and pumped $1.4 billion into the economy.

When I first moved to Co we could shoot rock chucks now with all the people hiking etc we now have rules (micro-managed). I also remember when they started the draws for deer DOW only wanted two seasons all those small towns west of the Divide got together and presented a good case on the loss to local economy. Don't know if that happen today with the oil boom over there.

We all know there are places you can pay for a guided PD hunt here in Colorado why don't those guys get together and point to an economy loss if banning PD shooting or those landowner that charge to shoot PD on their land. That might add more muscle to the already 3 groups that objected to the petition.

Quote:
I just called the NRA-ILA at the phone number above. Alicia directed me to a gentlemen that is apparently a direct path to our State Lobbyist. I am to email him links to the info that shows that this is not just "going through the motions".

Everyone please PM me with links to all of the pertinent stuff to make sure I don't miss anything!!!

Thanks!

And if I am duplicating someone elses efforts, please let me know!!!!!!!

I guess if I don't get some response by tomorrow I'll try to go it alone!!

Help me out here guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would anyone who has had direct correspondence with the commissioners volunteer to email the NRA-ILA guy??????

We need to try and squash this now. I promise you that we don't ever want this to go to the polls!!!!!!!

Chad, I think you are handling this very well. You have really gone out of your way to help fight this ban. I hope the "uninvolved" shooters appreciate the work that a few hunters are doing to preserve their hunting liberty.

Thanks guys. Just can't overstate how important it is that we don't take our foot off of the gas now!!!

Mike, thank you for finishing up for us while I am out of town.

Tom,
Thanks for firing this whole thing off!!!!!

VarminterCO,
Thanks for participating with the NRA-ILA thing, and for starting this thread!!

Thanks claimbuster for being one of the driving forces behind all of this.

This may be my last post on here until April 30 unless I find some free time between now and Monday.

Back