Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

Quote:
Email in response to my commisioner letter to Tim Glenn...

Chris,
Thanks for your comments. I heard many of the same concerns from about 30 different County Commissioners yesterday in Denver.
Tim Glenn

Any way to find out the email addresses of the county commissioners? I tried looking up the CC email addy for Lincoln County, but all it listed was phone & fax. I wouldn't mind sending a few personal emails to some select county commissioners that are directly faced with pdog problems. It's possible some of them aren't aware of this latest threat.

Mike

Quote:
Quote:
Email in response to my commisioner letter to Tim Glenn...

Chris,
Thanks for your comments. I heard many of the same concerns from about 30 different County Commissioners yesterday in Denver.
Tim Glenn

Any way to find out the email addresses of the county commissioners? I tried looking up the CC email addy for Lincoln County, but all it listed was phone & fax. I wouldn't mind sending a few personal emails to some select county commissioners that are directly faced with pdog problems. It's possible some of them aren't aware of this latest threat.

Mike

Ted Lyons
Email: lcadmin@lincolncountyco.us
Chairman
P.O. Box 39
Hugo, CO 80821
719-743-2842 - Office
719-743-2720 - Home
719-743-2815 - Fax

Steve Burgess
Email: lcadmin@lincolncountyco.us
Vice Chairman
P.O. Box 39
Hugo, CO 80821
719-743-2842 - Office
719-775-2262 - Home
719-743-2815 - Fax

Gary Beedy
Email: garybeedy@rmi.net
P.O. Box 39
Hugo, CO 80821
719-743-2842 - Office
719-763-2425 - Home
719-743-2815 - Fax
719-740-0707 - Cell

Quote:
Here is a couple of links and an email address's for the Forest Guardians..
Light'em up!

1536 Wynkoop St., Suite 300
Denver, Colorado 80202
303 573-4898
Email: lmccain@fguardians.org

312 Montezuma
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87501
505 988-9126
Email: lcolt@fguardians.org

Here is a link to their MySpace Page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=203882423

Here is the main WebSite: http://www.fguardians.org/

I wouldnt contact them in any way, shape, or form right now.

Last edited:
I agree with Furhunter. A ton of nasty emails will simply make it "personal". Our efforts are best used when rationally contacting the folks that make the actual decisions.

Thanks for the info, Slugger!

Mike

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

My email came back undelivered for the stated reason "User Unknown". What's the deal? Do you have to be personally "known" to a County Commissioner to send them an email?

Mike

Quote:
Hmmmmmmmmm.........

My email came back undelivered for the stated reason "User Unknown". What's the deal? Do you have to be personally "known" to a County Commissioner to send them an email?

Mike

Its not a problem on your end, this error signifies that the email address you sent to was not valid, thus "User Unknown".

Slugger

Yeah I would absoulutly NOT contact the ARA's. You will only fuel the fire and give them more of a reason to pursue this. They are wacko's... I am telling you, I wouldn't put it past any of them, to use your ISP address and figure out where you live....Only to show up at your door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Don't waste you time with them, spend the time doing something useful like emailing county commissioners or finding other avenues to get the word out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Agreed! We need to show control and dignity in contrast to the wild, emotional ranting of the anti's. We need to present our case with logic, reason, and verifiable statistical facts, not the screaming, frothing psycho-babble spewed by the ARA's. We must never stoop to their level, lest we be judged as no better than they are. As was said above, "Our efforts are best used when rationally contacting the folks that make the actual decisions", and most importantly, "do something useful". This is very good advice.

Quote:
Agreed! We need to show control and dignity in contrast to the wild, emotional ranting of the anti's. We need to present our case with logic, reason, and verifiable statistical facts, not the screaming, frothing psycho-babble spewed by the ARA's. We must never stoop to their level, lest we be judged as no better than they are. As was said above, "Our efforts are best used when rationally contacting the folks that make the actual decisions", and most importantly, "do something useful". This is very good advice.

AMEN!

Im in and have put my local gun clubs on notice!!

Not much PD hunting around here but once these folks get on a roll it will be knocking at my door too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Way to go guys, keeep up the great work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave

OK, the NRA-ILA got right back to me this AM:

Dear Mr. McCauley,

Thank you for your email to the NRA-ILA regarding prairie dog huntinting in
Colorado. I was informed by our state lobbyist for Colorado and our
representative from the Hunting department that this has been going on
for a number of years now and we will oppose a ban on prairie dog
hunting with all the resources we have. All indications thus far are
that the Commission is simply going through the motions with no intent
to impose a ban. If you have further questions or need more information,
please contact us at (800) 392-8683.

Sincerely,
Alicia Borgess
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division

I'm going to get back to her today and give her this link for their CO lobbyist and hunting dept people, et al. so they can see what's cookin here.

Who here is the primary POC on this? I'd like to PM him her email address for the file.

Anybody have an other thoughts on what we should say to them then just let me know.

Also, can I get on our newsletter list? Thanks.

NASA would be POC since is the guy with the information on who what and where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
NASA would be POC since is the guy with the information on who what and where. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

PM sent, thx Redfrog!

Back