Colorado Wildlife Commission to ban Varmint hunting

THANKS!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

OK guys, we have 592 signatures at Fin & Fur. We'll get more on the hard copies we have out.

The "GUARDIANS" have 3500 members. We sure should be able to match that, shouldn't we?

If you haven't signed already, JUST GO DO IT!

It's like that "lonesome valley", nobody can walk it for you, you have to walk it by yourself!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Quote:
I have been a lurker here at PM for a while but decided to become a member after reading this post. I have signed the petition and have posted a link to the petition at other hunting forums that I belong to.

Ed

................"Mahalo nui loa"..................

So, has anyone contacted our suppliers, yet? Sierra, Hornady, Nosler...? These guys have enough vested interest in this thing that they darn sure should get involved! What about Lock, Stock and Barrel, Natchez, maybe even Sinclair/Brownell's? Remington/Bushmaster/ Cerebrus(sp?), Rock River, DPMS....

Sorry if this has been covered and I haven't seen it.

If you have the time, by all means give it a shot. Some of us are working really hard to pull all this together. And some are just lending moral support. What we need are people of action. Not much time left. May 1st is coming up on us fast.

NASA: I'll give it a shot. I don't have a lot of time to draft a big letter but I'll try to just do some sort of announcement with the link. Tim

Here is a copy of a draft e-mail to Nosler:

"Because of your vested interest in hunting, I thought you would like to know of an attack on hunting rights taking place in Colorado. The Colorado Wildlife Commision, http://wildlife.state.co.us/WildlifeCommission/, is hearing arguments concerning a possible ban on the hunting of prairie dogs in that state. Here is alink to the petition: http://wildlife.state.co.us/NR/rdonlyres...LiveTargets.pdf The commision will be hearing arguments on May 1st and 2nd in Grand Junction.

A member of a website I frequent contacted two of the Wildlife Comissioners who expressed their view of prairie dog hunting as "reprehensible". This is a serious issue that could affect the varmint shooting industry throughout the country.

I thought you would like to be made aware of this proposed action in the event your company would like to become involved in this issue.

Sincerely, "

Haven't sent it yet. What do you think? I'll copy and paste to the other companies mentioned if you think it's OK.

Tim

Just a reminder to members across the country.

Everyone needs to understand that this isn't about politics, Pdogs, or Colorado. Its about the loss of hunting rights. When one of us looses that right, we ALL are the loser. The ARA's are in league with the anti-gun activists. Banning hunting is their way of eroding away just one more reason to possess a gun, as we are entitled to under the Second Amendment.

Please don't sit back and think, "This doesn't affect ME”, and “It won't happen HERE!" That is sticking your head in the sand and pretending that you don’t know any better.

Your support will be noticed by the CO Wildlife Commission. Hunters pay their salaries! Out of State hunters are a very important commodity to the State of Colorado. Non-res hunter licenses, fees, tags, food, lodging, guides, outfitters, and equipment, brings in $1.7M in annual revenue. Because you are a Non-Res makes you even more significant than a CO resident like me. Go to the petition web site and read the comments from the signers. They are from all over the U.S.!!

Sign the petition, and don’t be afraid to make a comment like, "If I can't hunt PD's in CO then I'll spend my hunting $$ in Utah". That’ll get their attention!

Are you a member of the NRA? If not, why not?

Stop the madness and Save Our Sport

This goes beyond just hunting. It concerns shooting in general. One of the things about the petition now before Co. that caught my attention the most was the issues raised about lead in the environment.

Anybody who has not read the petition needs to do so to see how serious and potentially far-reaching it is. Follow the direct link above to the Co. site and read it. As I've said before, let the whole thing load. Pay attention to all of the information linked in at the end.

A coalition of ARA's filed suit to force the ban of lead bullets in parts of Southern California that are home to the California condor. They were successful. Now they are trying to ban lead bullets in the entire State of California. Sound familiar? As Joe says, a "lead bullet" ban is hidden in the text of the Forest Guardian's proposed prairie dog ban for CO.

e-mails sent to: Nosler, Sierra, Hornady, Hodgdon/IMR, Remington, Savage, Browning/Winchester, Bushmaster, Rock River, and DPMS.

Tim

I also contacted Midway, Midsouth, Lock,Stock and Barrel, Sinclair, and Leupold. I'm sure there are others that need to be contacted but that's about all I have time for right now. PM me if you have suggestions for other companies. I'll work on them as I have time.

It will be interesting to see which companies respond, won't it? I'll suggest that they send at least a letter stating the economic impact of the ban if they ask.

HSUS lost one fight for now in Co.

Colorado Anti-Hunting Bill Dead….For Now
A bill that was sponsored by Colorado democrat Rep. Debbie Stafford and supported by the Humane Society of the United States, to end hunting in enclosures died in the House Agriculture, Livestock and Natural Resources Committee on February 6, 2008.

HB1096, a bill that many said was poorly worded and very vague, was suspended indefinitely in the Colorado committee and many hope it is never revived in any way but you can be assured Coloradoans have not heard the last from at least the Humane Society of the United States whose aim is to stop all hunting.

While many Colorado residents, hunters, ranchers and supporters of property rights can breathe a brief sigh of relief, they surely cannot let their guard down. HSUS and all anti-hunting and animal rights advocate groups look for any opportunity they can to suck the life out of Americans by stealing away their rights and heritage.

This is one more bill we are happy to see die!

Tom Remington

Found this forum today while surfing. My grandfather lived most of his life in Cheyenne Wells, CO. Many of you may even have known him, Lester Foulke. He passed away a few years ago. If you knew him, you know that Pdogs were his reason for living. After living in Alaska for the last 31 years, I now live in Grand Junction, CO. The fondest memories I have of my grandfather are of sitting in the back of his pickup, hunched over a 22-250, assisting local ranchers in clearing pastures. The most treasured item I have from him is a stainless model 70HV, .223, heavy fluted barrel with a very good scope.
I have read this entire thread, I have signed the petition, and I am going to attempt to make the meeting. I work 12 hour graveyards that week, so it will be tough. I relish the thought of meeting and shooting with anyone in this area. Please add me to the newsletter list, and I will do anything that I can to aid the cause. Thank you.

done,

posted this on 3 other forums and emailed everyone i know with a link to the petition. sent an email to the commission as well. (as far as i now that was deleted the moment it was received.)

I have a friend in montrose Colorado that signed a actual paper petition. Is this apart of that petition if so were can i go to also sign the paper petition.

I cannot get a hold of him as he is 35k above us flying to Europe on business

NRA Hunters Rights has the story up on their website now. It gives the email link for comments to be sent to the Co. Wildlife Commission as well as a good write up. Hopefully it'll get you guys a lot of help nationwide.

Back