Playing with Camo Paint on AR15

The last pic is nice. I believe that just about any place you were to call that bad boy will blend in really nice. Good work

Hey thanks for the idea!
My little girl has been wanting me to give her .22 a pink camo paint job for awhile now. This sounded just easy enough for me to pull off.
I just used 2 colors and I think it turned out great. Plus it gave me some confidence to try it out on my own hunting rifles.

Here you go, and remember this is for a 7 yr old girl /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Right now she is more interested in having a "cute" gun at the range than a chameleon rifle in the field. But I'm working on her...

100_1370-1.jpg

100_1369-1.jpg

100_1373-1.jpg

Yeah, she was ready to hit the range as soon as it was done.
There are quite a few girls that work at our range, and she wants to show them all.

What were the colors you used for your pattern? I think they would work in my area also.

The base coat is a new rustoleum textured sandstone in leather color.

Beyond that, the camo colors are 2 rustoleum "camo"-grey & brown.

The green is a rustoleum flat sage color.

I just took some time & carefully went through the colors at home depot to get what I wanted.

Show us what your finished hunting rifle looks like.
Should be great as well.

How did you color the ACE stock foam? Is it still flexible, or is it "crusty"? I didn't have the guts to attempt that, even though I thought about it.
Excellent color and pattern, that will work great.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

It colored well. The foam is still flexible.
I suppose that if I saturated the foam to completely match the base color, it would have dried stiff, but as it was I just tried to "knock the black out" somewhat.

Thanks for the compliment. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My wife decided, after seeing mine around the house, that she wanted the same pattern on her new AR15 M-4.

When it comes to women & colors I don't argue... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Back