what a great B-day!

kal52

well today was my birthday, and it was pretty great!
Last nite the wife told me to go ahead and get an AR if I wanted one, which was part of my gift. Pretty good day at work, and very very odd. I was delivering some merchandise to one of our customers when I saw this... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MCDONALDS-1.jpg

I drove by just after the first responders had arrived, luckily nobody was badly hurt, just one minor cut.

met the wife at our fav Mexican joint and got my free B-day lunch, then a call back to my local gun guy, to pick up another gift from my wife /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Picture026-1.jpg

Its one of the stevens gold wing o/u .410, something she knew that I had wanted for a very long time.

Then went to dinner at a new place in town and guess what...yep another FREE meal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Id have to say turning 33 aint so bad, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

and since My birthday isnt quite over Im going to say goodnight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Ill give a full report on the new pop gun as soon as I get a chance.

thanks for reading.

Dave

Quote:
and since My birthday isnt quite over Im going to say goodnight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifDave

Can we expect more pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Weasel likes pictures.

Oh come on Ragncajn get your mind out of the gutter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif He's married and 33 he has a date with Mr. sandman /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Something about a Dude holding up to dogs in his pictures and asking for pictures is Just to much for me, Ha ha

Thats an awesome O/U man

I wonder if his wife has a younger sister? Aw heck, I'd likley settle for her mother. He is going to have to go to some extremes to beat that birthday!!!!

Quote:
Quote:
and since My birthday isnt quite over Im going to say goodnight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gifDave

Can we expect more pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Weasel likes pictures.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Happy Birthday....Enjoy them while they last...I can't remember the last time I had one like that.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif....

Well, maybe the free dinner.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Happy birthday, it sounds like your wife is definately a keeper. Just remember to put into her birthday all that she put into yours or the next one will be quite different..lol.

thanks for the nice replies.

For the record, her younger sister and her mother are both single and attractive, also borderline vegitarian (occasionally fish or poultry), which make holidays at my house sometimes funny.

Ill have to agree she is a keeper, for an animal rights person she sure does buy me alot of guns /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif and dont worry about her, she will be opening her bday gifts on the new living room furniture that is coming this afternoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, we dont have kids yet so I can still afford to spoil her rotten, and she deserves it.

Now on to the important stuff,

This is one of those turkish made guns, the wood is really nicely grained and the metal to wood finish is ok, what you might expect from a lower end O/U.

The assembly was a real PITA until you get it figured out, you have to have every thing in the right angles or its not even gonna wiggle.

Its actually built around a smaller .410/28ga frame and not a larger 20ga frame like some, and really makes a huge difference in weight and ballance, and overall feel.

the metal finish is better than ive seen on most of the cheaper guns, does have some miner rub/machine marks above the chambers. and the bore itself doesnt look all that polished.

Lock up is very tight, and the action itself at the moment is extremely stiff, but getting better with a little oil and some time spent opening and closing it, Thats what i was doing last night Cajn, so I dont think the pics would have been that exciting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

The safety and barrel sellector are a bit gritty but should break in with a little use, this was the case with my side by sides as well.

It points and balances better than the others ive shouldered in this price range, and does take some getting used to the middle bead, since im not used to it.

I plan on shooting some shells through it this weekend if things work out, weather and if my broken toe heals up enough to tromp around a bit. I really do think this will turn out to be a pretty nice gun ones it sees some use.

THanks again

Dave.

The O/U reminds me of the Huglu Turkish shotguns that a lot of the GIs were bringing back. The woodwork really looks Remington to me. The barrels look long (30-32 inches). The sub-gauge guns are fun for some games at the trap and sporting clays ranges. I have a Browning Citori Ultra XS 20 ga. with some spectacular wood that I shoot a bunch.

Back