Pig/Piglet Distress Call

your supposed to be able to do it on the lil dog (primos call) but like i said supposed to and been aable too are two different things one of the custom call makers should be able to help you out who knows could be a new a challenge for one of em cause im interested too..

Here's a hog distress call that I prototyped, last summer.

Hog Distress Recording (Yes, this is a hand call...not some weird hog fun in Iowa. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I'm sure with some mods, I could make it higher pitched for a younger pig or piglet.

This what you talking about?

Tony

Tony,
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe a higher pitch like you said, or maybe one of each. I need more info. There's a lot of wild hog here, and I'm sure it's a big part of the yote's diet. I'm very interested in this.

I have a Primos production Hog Squealer that I bought somewhere just to have a different sound. We don't have hogs here, but I think it is a great distress call. If it won't wake up a coyote then nothing will. It is a change-of-pace call, but I am not sure if I have called anything with it specifically because I have used it in conjuntion with a howler.

I just listened to the sound clip, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif amazing!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony, was that done on the "rubber-bodied" prototype you were messing with in Jan. '07?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif
I wondered if you had done any more with that call. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Last edited:
I would definitely buy one, my Uncle just cut some deal with the State of Ohio where they're building 5 million dollar a piece hog farms on his property and everything is automated, it even collects the methane and uses that to help power the operation, all he does is wear a beeper and if something goes wrong a computer system will beep him and he goes to fix it. Didn't cost him a dime to build it or buy the pigs or anything and after 5 years the state gives the whole operation to him for helping run it and allowing them to use his land. Some experimental new program they're doing but I know all those hogs and the smell of them will draw in some yotes..

hey i know that sound; its a sound like not hitting one right when your butchering or when you have a boar that is pretty big but your determined to cut him so you roll him over a barrel. they shure can make some mean noise. tony i hope your going to pursue this and keep us posted.

Thanks guys. I will pursue it, I just need to focus on some orders at this time. Building a prototype is one thing....duplicating it is another. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks...Tony

I know a bunch of fellows in NC that have huge hog problems would love to have one, hint, hint. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony, you can put me on that list also /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif we'll call it payment for me keeping your secret desire /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif a secret /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Back