How far of travel between setups??

rookie13815

How far should you travel between sets when using an E caller, 1/2 mile, 3/4 mile or is a few hundred yards Ok? I'm in Upstate NY, very hilly.

Thanks

You'll find out that the sounds doesn't carry as far as you think it does. When calling in hilly country I set up a lot of times and call every holler or at least every other one. Especially if the wind is blowing or the leaves haven't fallen yet. Or if it is a really deep one and your calling deeper down in it.

I am new at the coyote hunting, and you fellows have touched on some issues I have some questions on. I have access to a couple of farms ranging from 200 to 350 acres. From what I have read, several other hunters have access to much larger farms. It is possible to call multiple times in the farms I hunt with some percentage of success.

Thanks fellows

The ticket is to always keep trying to get more calling ground. So you don't have to call any farm more than a couple of times a year. Notice I said, "That is the Goal". But most of us aren't that lucky, so we have to do what we can with what we have.

I don't have any problems calling a farm several times a year. Though I do make sure I don't use the same set up and sound every time. Never let them get into a routine of knowing a prey sound coming from that vicintity is danger. Just mix it up and try and trick their senses. Keep them guessing.

Usually I will give the farm at least a couple of weeks rest in between calling sessions. Others may do it differently but this is what works for me.

Back