Would any of you use one of these?

armyturner

I was playing around with some 550 cord tonight and this is what I came up with. Is this something that any of you would use, or would it be a waste of my time and cord to make any more.

wristlanyard014.jpg

wristlanyard013.jpg

I can't say for sure unless I actually tried one. I really like what you came up with but I am just wondering about the utility of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Very Cool New Idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

If the calls wouldn't "Clack" together when you dropped them to steady your rifle on the sticks,,,, It would be a great accessory...Maybe a single hook/lead..

That's one of the nice things about a neck lanyard, the calls are usually far enough apart that it's not a problem. Mine just drop back on my chest without any noise..

Personally I wouldn't be interested, other's may be. However, your design...If hanging two or more calls from one area. Best, to have them "dangle" @ different cord lengths. Otherwise, they'll clank together.

I did some calling a couple Winters ago. Two calls hung from my neck. Later that day I seen a pr of bedded coyotes. I stalked in, then when I was getting close, I bent over to crawl up on them. Both calls "clanked" together as I stooped forward, to crawl closer. Both coyotes dead ahead a 100yrds or so. They both heard the clank & bolted.

I was thinking something would attatch to the butt of the rifle and hold a call or two would be neat. That way if you had to grap one quick to try and stop or bring back a dog you wouldn't be fumbling as far as you would with a call on a neck lanyard.

If you made it with a single drop that had a quick connect on it I think you would be on to something. I would equip it with one call, and have several others with the other end of the quick connect so that I could swap them out at will, but only with one on the strand. I'm not sure how it would work though, since I hold the call with my right hand and shoot with the right hand too. I generally let go of my call as soon as I finish a series so my hand is free for shooting, thus no noise is made when it's time to shoot. The dangling call might get in the way of firearm handling...

i was building a game sling for a friend the other night and i thought of this lil project you got here.

me, personally, i dont like stringin all the legs of an animal and puttin em over my shoulder, id rather loop the feet and drag em. but if you put longer stronger loops on there instead, of the short call loops, i would definatly use one!

Back