BRNO-CZ semi-auto in .22 mag..

I think it is one of the best kept secrets in semi-auto 22 mags..........I have one that I shoot all the time and one that I bought about 2 years ago still new in the box that I will keep that way......they don't make these anymore, and I think in 3-5 years they will be going for a lot more than they are bringing today. These little rifles are really well made with many of them having very pretty wood stocks. The accuracy is also great for a 22 mag (hammer forged barrels), I can hold 1moa with Winchester 40gr.JHP superX loads all day and the Remington 33gr.vmax load maybe a little better than that. IF you can find one in good shape I would jump all over it as they are getting harder and harder to find. Here is a pic of the one I shoot, my "beater" BRNO 611

Edit to add: If you find one and it is a "611-A" don't buy that one, the "A" models were made by CZ after they bought out BRNO and are not as well made or as accurate.

DSC01991.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
TTFIJI,I was looking at the 611 rifle at the gun show yesterday and was very impressed with its quality.Do you know when CZ took over the production of these rifles?Was the 611 produced by BRNO-CZ produced by BRNO or CZ?Are all 611's the take-down model?Can you suggest a good website for info. about this gun?Thanks,I really appreciate your help. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

I don't know when CZ took over/bought out BRNO, but you can tell the models that are made by BRNO(The one you want) simply by looking at the model #, if it say's "ZKM 611" you are good, if on the other hand it says "ZKM 611A" or just "611A" you are getting an inferior rifle and I would continue looking for the regular 611. Yes, all of these I have seen are takedown models and I really have not found any web sites that cater to these neat little rifles. I would just buy it and be glad you found one and enjoy it!

I have had one for over 10 years . These are great guns . They function with any kind of ammo and they are very accurate . If you can find one I would buy it .Magazines are hard to come by . I have 2 but I wish I had another .

Back