Got my new quiver critter decoy in the mail!!

PrimosPartner

FINALLY got my new quiver critter decoy in the mail yesterday. just another thing to help me blast a few dogs if i can make it out hunting this weekend. this little guy seems pretty promising... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

http://www.edgebyexpedite.com/files/video/QuiverCritter.wmv

45332.jpg

After looking at the video, You must have bought a male quiver critter!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Just wondering if it is well made? Thanks!

yeah, very well made. the only thing im afraid of is one of them dogs sneaking up on it when im not paying attention and running off with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

If the ground is frozen ya better take something to make a hole in the ground with. My buddy broke the stake that came with his the first morning he tried to use it. FYI.

Quote:
If the ground is frozen ya better take something to make a hole in the ground with. My buddy broke the stake that came with his the first morning he tried to use it. FYI.

very good info. good job mate

I have one too. It only cost me $20 and its very light. Its only a wire that is under the rabbit fur that shakes (counterweight attacted to the wire that spins and makes a "quivering" motion.)

I've almost lost it to hawks and owls. Batteries will last about 2 hours of continous play, Works in -20 degrees celcuis. I noticed it makes a LITTLE bit of noise when on (plastic tapping on plastic). I can only hear it when its in my hands so it may not be a concern.

What do you do if you cant push the stake into the ground?? Ground is hard as heck out hrere but have been thinking of buying one.

Quote:
What do you do if you cant push the stake into the ground?? Ground is hard as heck out hrere but have been thinking of buying one.

I cut a 8" length of 2x8. I drilled a few holes at various angles and added some parachute cord to carry it with. Pick a hole and insert stake.

Looked at the video,really cool and some nice dinner for a cote.I had the quivering plastic rabbit,i did not like it,it made to much banging noise,like someone was hitting 2 plastic sticks together.It should not of been made out of plastic.My JITH box was great,just make sure you don't put a .204 or a .223 hole in it,LOL.I heard of guys blowing up there JITB when a cote came upon it,expensive lesson.

Hey I was wondering if the silent type of electric decoys work better than the ones with sound like the jack-in-the box and mojo critter. Also, I hunt in a place that doesn't have much open land most of the coyotes and bobcats we shoot are during deer season while deer hunting. We've tried some inexpensive e-callers on the gas lines (most open place available) but we haven't had any success. Any suggestions?

I've endorsed the Quiver Kritter more than once. It's a fun thing to use. The first thing you want to do before ever setting out to hunt is to use some blue lok tight and secure the screw that holds the wire in. Mine fell apart several times before I secured the screw.

If you have hard, rocky or frozen ground this probably isn't a good choice. I also carry a Whirling Woodpecker in my truck for those occasions. The plastic stake does pretty good but will break if abused.

The thing is a kick to use.

I just joined up today and this is my first post. So first off I want to say Hi to everyone and thank you all for this forum

I have one of the quiver critters now and it's pretty good. Pushing the plastic stake into frozen ground is a drawback definitely.

So I bought one of those plastic waterproof ammo boxes and glues some Velcro to the top and then to the bottom of a small thin piece of plywood. I cut the plywood to fit over the top of the plastic waterproof box. Then I simply used a circle saw to drill a hole in the plywood.

I can set the quiver critter inside the hole in the plywood This works great.

Another solution that I worked up is a little less convenient. But I have several of those buckets (camo type plastic 5 gallon size) that have the built in seat on them. I filled the bucket up with light weight Garden Mulch material. It's lightweight and can be carried out into the field. The plastic stack can be stuck inside the mulch and will hold the quiver critter in place. This also helps to elevate the quiver critter a bit.

A little bit of industrial Velcro and some imagination and I think that we could come up with other ways of holding the quiver critter up off the ground.

The plywood idea works great. The plywood is only 1/2" thick and I drilled a 1" OD hole in the middle. I carry the flat wood piece inside the box along with my quiver critter and my Specialty Hunters PM4 electronic caller.

I think you will like it i have had mine for awhile and tricked owls hawks and coyotes i would have had some really good footage of a owl killing my decoy if i had a camera that day he swooped down and just kicked the crap out of my rabbit 5 min into my stand it took two well placed snow balls to get him away from it good luck /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Sandman22250
I think owls love expedite products. Here's a few of picks of an owl attacking a prowler bait. Check out the Mighty Predator 3. Its a neat little pocket sized MP3 call.
owl1.jpg

owl3.jpg

owl2.jpg

Back