Gas over $5.00

And 3 years ago I was the same way haha, Its just after Ive really started paying attention to politics it appears that something urgently needs to change and, talking with most people my age about politics is like having a conversation with a two year old. They all have something to say but they really only know the words that their parents tell them to say

Bill B. has got it together.
I've always heard whenever there is a conflict in the middle-east the Libs will start crying 'We are just there to take their oil' & I've always cried, 'Well no Sh!!'. If the envirowhackos don't want to drill & process our own reserves then, yes, we need to take it from where we can get it. This country of OURS runs on oil & we will, or should, do what ever it takes to keep OUR country alive.
I'm all for WAR for oil. If the libs don't want war than the alternative is to tap OUR own reserves. We need it that bad for the survival of OUR country.
We are fast approaching the dollar amount that will determine the time we will say 'ENOUGH' to the tree-huggers & push them aside, hopefully to the middle-east, & do whats right to keep our country alive.
Raising taxes is about the most ridiculous solution to this problem there is. If we complain about $4 a gal. gas, how does $4.50 a gal. gonna make us feel better?
There sure are some goofy SOBs in this country & they all seem to have a position of authority over the sheeple.
We also have our share of cowards that stand in the way of the survival of OUR country.
I'll state this much, "If a DEMOCRAP is elected for POTUS, God help us."

Quote:
And 3 years ago I was the same way haha, Its just after Ive really started paying attention to politics it appears that something urgently needs to change and, talking with most people my age about politics is like having a conversation with a two year old. They all have something to say but they really only know the words that their parents tell them to say

This is typical. Most people just don't get interested, don't pay much attention. What they do pay is to the news, the 30 second sound bites, the campaign commercials, etc. They often have no way to no how much of it is true or not & basically take politicians at their word.

It isn't until they get a bit older, grow up some, gain a bit more knowledge of what's really been going on & then they get more active.

No we are in Iraq to free the people. Luckily Afghanistan is in our hands too. We are definetly not on either side of Iran to keep China in check with their own oil needs.

Quote:
I'm all for WAR for oil. If the libs don't want war than the alternative is to tap OUR own reserves. We need it that bad for the survival of OUR country.
We are fast approaching the dollar amount that will determine the time we will say 'ENOUGH' to the tree-huggers & push them aside, hopefully to the middle-east, & do whats right to keep our country alive.

You may not have a problem with us going in and stealing other countries resources but to me it’s no different than someone knocking over a gas station. I’m sure they use similar ideas to justify their actions. Our government should be held to higher standards and our pain at the pump doesn’t justify these actions.
This is a crisis of our own making. No one ever doubted that oil would become scarce and expensive. Many of those environmentalists that you keep trying to blame for this were warning us years ago. They were pushing for alternative energy and conservation. I saw an interview of the Shaw of Iran when he was still in power. He was warning us back then to slow down or stop burning oil in our vehicles, that oil was to important to waste that way. Had we listened to these environmentalists years ago there would several less problems for us to deal with today. I don’t see where our neglect justifies the actions you suggest.

You got a good point Mr. Rim Runner but those are days gone buy. I can't think of a better reason to protect OUR country than to make sure it has the life-blood of oil.
One could also make the case that the libs & tree-huggers are the ones responsible for going to war for this oil. So, if its war for oil than the Democraps are to blame.
He!!, ain't nobody gives a sh!! what I think anyway & thats about the way I feel about all the other harping that goes on too. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one & they all stink.

I think we should have a real war for oil just to make all the libs happy. I mean, they've been bitching about it for years, seems to me we should just go ahead & do it.

I want Venezuela. Hugo is truly unlikable, they have both oil & refineries & they're just on the other side of the gulf. Spreads the risk during hurricane season, unlikely that both they & Texas will be wiped out at the same time.

So lets go free the people down there & get some oil for ourselves in the process. The libs will be able to legitimately frips about a war for oil, it's a win-win-win.

Well, except for hugo, LOL, but I'm not going to lose any sleep over him.

Now that I think about it, even he gets something out of it. He's been claiming for years that we're going to invade even though we had no intentions to do so. So let's do it & make everyone happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Quote:
You got a good point Mr. Rim Runner but those are days gone buy. I can't think of a better reason to protect OUR country than to make sure it has the life-blood of oil.
One could also make the case that the libs & tree-huggers are the ones responsible for going to war for this oil. So, if its war for oil than the Democraps are to blame.
He!!, ain't nobody gives a sh!! what I think anyway & thats about the way I feel about all the other harping that goes on too. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one & they all stink.

Make the case BOB. Love to see you prove that one correct. Your's just smells like no one ever taught you how to wipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

What I want to know is this:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhy is it, when one gas station raises their prices...all the other stations in town automatically do the same???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I understand it when the same guy/company owns more than one store.
But, just because he raises his price, shouldn't mean that everyone else has to, IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
I used to be an assistant manager at a gas station, and I know that everybody doesn't have the same "profit margins", ect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And yes, I understand that in my area practically all the stations receive their fuel from the same distribution point.
But, I would think that if say...
both stations "A" & "X" were selling regular @ $3.05...
and "X" decides to raise his selling price to $3.25 because his recently delivered fuel cost him .20 cents more a gallon. He raises his price in order to keep his "profit" (yeah, it really isn't actually profit). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Station "A" also rec'd new fuel @ that same .20 per gallon increase of cost. And so he also raises his price, even though he could leave his price @ $3.05 & still turn a "profit"...possibly a higher one because the customers would come to him for the cheaper price per gallon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Why this isn't done has always baffled me. I just don't see the logic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Can anyone actually & honestly explain it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

somewhere21, I think the point BOB is making is; The libs and tree huggers have continually managed to put a stop to the exploration and production of oil in our oun country. Therefore the NEED to get it elsewhere. We have enough oil under us to last at least 200 more years according to a National Geographic show I saw. I also found it interesting that almost 80% of our imported oil is from Canada! I couldnt beleive it either. Apparently the lefties havent heard this yet. And it was only around 9-12% comes from the arabs. That shocked me because everyone knows the only reason were over there is for oil!!!!! haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

specializedcc has read the post in the intended context.
I wonder how 'somewhere21' knows what 'mine' smells like??!!
What it comes down to is that at this time we cannot, as the 'USA', be permitted to say we are 'taking' the oil because of 'PC'. I'm not a 'PC' person. I'm just an old retired fool that has no influence or am in charge of anything so that gives me plenty of time to look at issues that interest me. All I have is 1 vote & I can see the differance between black & white.
You can bet your a$$ that every politician in DC knows what is going on. That should tell the people something. These are our leaders, right?
What concerns me is MY country & its survival & not what an a$$ smells like.
That was a good dump so I'll just finish the paper work & tomorrow about this time I'll make another wish.

Quote:
What I want to know is this:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifWhy is it, when one gas station raises their prices...all the other stations in town automatically do the same???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I understand it when the same guy/company owns more than one store.
But, just because he raises his price, shouldn't mean that everyone else has to, IMO. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif
I used to be an assistant manager at a gas station, and I know that everybody doesn't have the same "profit margins", ect. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
And yes, I understand that in my area practically all the stations receive their fuel from the same distribution point.
But, I would think that if say...
both stations "A" & "X" were selling regular @ $3.05...
and "X" decides to raise his selling price to $3.25 because his recently delivered fuel cost him .20 cents more a gallon. He raises his price in order to keep his "profit" (yeah, it really isn't actually profit). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Station "A" also rec'd new fuel @ that same .20 per gallon increase of cost. And so he also raises his price, even though he could leave his price @ $3.05 & still turn a "profit"...possibly a higher one because the customers would come to him for the cheaper price per gallon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Why this isn't done has always baffled me. I just don't see the logic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Can anyone actually & honestly explain it??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

They all raise there prices as a favor to us so that we don't go driving around looking to save a penny or 2. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
See? We've saved some money by their raising the prices together & the added benifit of not leaving carbon tracks all over. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif
It sure makes me feel warm, cuddly, fuzzy & sparkily. Is this what being a liberal feels like? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

20080414RZ1AP-Energy.jpg

Back