Gas over $5.00

At $3.70 for diesel fuel, my motorhome isn't long for this world. That's assuming somebody is dumb enough to buy it.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Must be those evil energy companies and their obscene profits. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif While we are "only" at $3.11 per gallon for regular that hurts enough. I'm spending $300 a month just for my work vehicle. Turkey season will take place close to home this year. It's a shame the Democrats are standing in the way of drilling our own oil. Just one more way they are destroying the country. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I just filled up the Suburban yesterday at $2.989 and the bill was $70.00 for 23+ gal, and that's for my 'optional' driving...

I hate to think what it costs people that have to drive every day...especially those that have a mandatory fixed route to and from work.

Our diesel is hovering around 3.80 to 3.95 depending on where you go. I can actually go to WalMart and get it for around 3.60 (last week anyway). I had a stroke of luck happen just after Christmas though, and now I get to drive a Camry every day! Unless I either want to squash the bad drivers, or haul something heavy, the truck sits at home... And yes, you CAN hunt from a Camry! I amazed one of my buddies when I drove it through his muddy field!

I'm working on a suitable replacement for the Expedition now! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
I just filled up the Suburban yesterday at $2.989 and the bill was $70.00 for 23+ gal, and that's for my 'optional' driving...

I hate to think what it costs people that have to drive every day...especially those that have a mandatory fixed route to and from work.

$2.98? thats cheap. i paid $3.39 friday. i imagine its gone up since then.
i cant wait until the ethonol starts comeing out, then the prices will drop like a rock, and we'll be saving the planet...........yah, right /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Last edited:
Well I drive for a living and what gets me is you hear alot of people complaining about the price of fuel but yet I dont see them cutting back on their driving, still see people driving by themselves in their big ol SUV, Diesal trucks, nobody slowing down on the roads, still hammered down 70 plus mile an hour. Just how bad does it have to get before I see real changes in peoples driving habits? I know I personally have been cutting back since fuel reached 2.50 a gallon in my own personal vehicle, I have been getting on my wife about her excess driving! How about you, what have you done? Just curriuos..

Quote:
Well I drive for a living and what gets me is you hear alot of people complaining about the price of fuel but yet I dont see them cutting back on their driving, still see people driving by themselves in their big ol SUV, Diesal trucks, nobody slowing down on the roads, still hammered down 70 plus mile an hour. Just how bad does it have to get before I see real changes in peoples driving habits? I know I personally have been cutting back since fuel reached 2.50 a gallon in my own personal vehicle, I have been getting on my wife about her excess driving! How about you, what have you done? Just curriuos..

We are cutting back by consolidating trips and making due without unnecessary junk......if we can't eat it, shoot it, or wear it, we ain't getting it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif My little truck gets 22 mpg and my wifes little car gets 33 mpg.

My vehicle is my work truck F350 gas hog. It sucks fuel. I only drive it to work as required. I can't get around having a HD truck for work. If someone wants to buy a cracker box to haul their family in, that is there choice. It won't be mine. How about taking control of our own destiny and get our oil!! Ethanol is a joke. It takes 1.27 gallons of fuel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol. And it SUCKS money out of our state with all of its subsidies. Cost like 5 bucks to produce 1 gallon.

KH

I'm afraid I don't see the connection between an oil man(backed by oil companies with strong ties to the Saudi's)being in the white house and high gas prices /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
My vehicle is my work truck F350 gas hog. It sucks fuel. I only drive it to work as required. I can't get around having a HD truck for work. If someone wants to buy a cracker box to haul their family in, that is there choice. It won't be mine. How about taking control of our own destiny and get our oil!! Ethanol is a joke. It takes 1.27 gallons of fuel to produce 1 gallon of ethanol. And it SUCKS money out of our state with all of its subsidies. Cost like 5 bucks to produce 1 gallon.

KH

Same here, I have a Dodge Cummins it gets 17 around town, but its really hard to cut back. I cant do much else but drive it since a freakin Prius wont pull my 24' gooseneck. (wouldnt that be fun to see!) I make my living with that truck.

Same here, I'm a big guy, 6'-1', 250# and with all the aching joints, I can't get into, or won't try to get into, most under-sized vehicles. Besides, I don't feel safe. So I'll keep driving my Hemi Dodge PU and watch the unnecessary driving.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Quote:
The pain is about to get worse. Read this.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=25443

You are right Dawg, it is going to get a lot worse and is in addition to what you are referring to. The Fed just pumped $200 billion into the economy and just wait until that trickles around. The inflation alone will drive the price of gas through the roof, not even considering the dollars decline in value. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:

I think i'm driving more. As long as I can afford it if I feel like driving around doing a deer count or looking for tracks in the snow i'm going. I'm not going to change what I do just because the stock market is having to much fun.

Back