Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42 mil dot - OUTSTANDING!!!!

Killertraylor

I'm a die hard Zeiss Conquest fan. Upgraded about 6 rifles several years ago from Leupold VX-III 4.5-14's to the Conquests and have been very pleased. I still have a couple of Leupold LPS 3.5-14x50 scopes that "through my eyes" are a bit clearer, but admittedly not quite as bright as the Conquests. I have bought a few rifles in the last month, namely a Ditech AR, a Remington VTR .223 and a Savage Predator .204 Ruger. I thought I'd try the new Bushnell Elite and a sponsor of this site, The Optic Zone has an amazing price on them. I ordered a 2.5-16x42 mil dot for $579, including shipping a few weeks ago. Communication was excellent, it arrived quickly and the packaging was first class - thank you Optic zone!

I shot it last weekend on the .204 Ruger and was also shooting my .338 Remington Ultra with the Leupold LPS. I literally could not tell the difference through the 2 scopes (except for the extra magnification of the Bushnell). It's a very compact scope for a 16 power, I love the side objective focus and it has first class glass. Very bright, very clear and sharp. Everyone else is selling them in the $700 range so I consider this a steal for $579. Ordered another tonight for the AR.

It's a 30mm tube, but not as heavy as my Burris 3-12x50 XTR and about the same weight as my 4.5-14x42 Conquests. Amazing that they have been able to put such a magnification range into such a compact package and keep the resolution so clear. Highly recommended!!!

Last edited:
Adjustments were better than my Zeiss. They have a tactical style knob under the cap (this might not be an accurate description of the knob - please correct me if I'm wrong - you can pull up on it and turn it to zero after you get it sighted in.) I don't use "turrets" or knob adjustments for long rangs shots- I use the mil dots so that's not really important to me. I don't have any pics right now, but will try and take a few and post them later. As you can tell, I'm very impressed with the scope. And in case you are wondering, I'm not associated with the optic zone in any way shape or form - first purchase from them after several from SWFA and others.

Killertraylor: Your original post says "30 mm objective". Don't you mean 30 mm tube dia.? By the way, I'm gonna have one as soon as funds allow!!! I've got (2)4-16 4200's that I think are great.

Coltchris - thanks for catching that mistake - yes, it's a 30mm tube, not objective. I made the correction.

Orrbull48 - the VX-III's are long gone and those LPS's are really hard to find now, and the best scope Leupold has ever made (I haven't looked through their $1500+ Mark 7's yet). I'm not getting rid of mine anytime soon.

Quote:
Killertraylor,
How many MOA can you dile from top to bottom?

It's 80 inches of adjustment at 100 yards. I think that answers your question?

The thing that really amazes me is the scope is only 13.5 inches long and has such a wide magnification range.

Unfortunately I got a phone call from The Optic Zone and they are backordered on the 6500 mil dots. She said it will be a week or two. Nice of them to call though.

How is the glass compared to a varix-III??? Been pondering a 4.5x14 but I'm thinkin this new 6500 may be the cats a$$ of an all around calling/shooting scope.

Back