Homemade red lens cover for a spotlight?

I've tried dyekem,red sharpie's and a bunch of other stuff.But this is by far the best.

I bought this at Advanced Auto Parts for about $5.00,it's anodized red and it's also high temp. Works great,should be enough to spray about 100 lens'...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMG_0337.jpg

The lens...."picture doesnt look as good as in person"

IMG_0338.jpg

Quote:
you can use red celaphane & tape it around light

Sure,if you want to clean melted plastic of your lens..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

what would you guys think is more better, cellophane cliped onto the light or a lens sprayed with heat resistant dupli-color metalcast paint?

I have used those red project covers that you get at the office supply, You know the kind that is transparent and comes in different colors. The material is fairly thick and can be cut to shape. Don't know if they still make them but they work great.

Sure,if you want to clean melted plastic of your lens..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

i never had a problem with my light melting the plastic but i also had a reastat rigged on mine i never used it at full on for an extended period of time so melting was never a problem.only go to full on to identify and shoot. and to be honest that didn't happen as often as i would have liked /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I ordered a lense and bevel cap from Optronics. It was $10 and change shipped. Took a little over a week, just arrived yesterday.

Optronics
1-800-364-5483 ext 250
$4.28 Red Lense (part number A500R)
$1.99 Rubber black bevel cap (no part number)
$3 something for shipping

I bought a lense pack from BassPro that comes with a red and yellow lense for about 5.00 and cut them to fit my light.

Stiff neck gives good advice on the Optronics bevel and lens combo. By the way these fit well on an Oatmeal box (round kind) which works great as a cone for your light too.

Quote:
I ordered a lense and bevel cap from Optronics. It was $10 and change shipped. Took a little over a week, just arrived yesterday.

Optronics
1-800-364-5483 ext 250
$4.28 Red Lense (part number A500R)
$1.99 Rubber black bevel cap (no part number)
$3 something for shipping

You're welcome.

Go to a theater supply company and get a sheet of amber yellow lighting plastic cut to fit and you're done. I think it is better than red and you can def see further.

Quote:
how about blue light? I've heard that `works well too. thoughts?

blue lights are a big no-no. they can see the blue beam pretty well. red is best because thir eyes can't pick up the red beam, but it makes their eyes stick out from a couple hundred feet away.

Back