Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives

Tha_edge

It is now official. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif As an advertiser I will try to answer questions, pass on good information, and do anything I can to help you guys and gals in the field or in the fur shed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif We try to make the finest and sharpest knives on the planet. I have seen many names on here that I know so I know that there is a very quality group of hunters. That is the group that we try to build for. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif
I see no point in making knives for collectors. Substantial discount to members.
TIA Dave McCroskey
www.mccroskeyknives.com

Gentlemen...I can tell you Dave's knives are second to none....they are made to work...they are ( and stay) unbelievably sharp...they fit like a glove and look fantastic...I have several and will have more. I give them my highest recommendation...on top of that, Dave is a good man by the old time standards of a good man. He will do what he says he will ALWAYS and is honest to a fault...

Here is one of his "Elk" knives...

100_6334.jpg

100_6332.jpg

100_6330.jpg

A set of skinners...

100_6596.jpg

100_6594.jpg

Joe

Thanks Joe and Rick. Just got off the phone with Don and Danny in Texas. Guess Danny used his elk to do some hogs and is happy. Needs to straighten the tip but will still shave over most of the blade. Hope you got your truck fixed Rick. Been sick for a week so I am getting farther behind.

Take care of yourself Dave!

Good to see you here!

Guys, these knives are super, super sharp! Just the weight of the blade will easily shave slivers from a piece of paper. Like Joe said... Dave truely has old time standards for trust and reliability.

"He will do what he says he will ALWAYS and is honest to a fault..."

Couldn't have said it better!

Nikonut /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dave truck is fixed had to get new tire's and two ujoint's and drive line balanced. i'm flyng to oklahoma next year cheaper to. Rick

I have to say that Dave's knives are the absolute sharpest things I have ever seen. I haven't fully "tested" the knives I have had him make, however, I have gotten to use them a little, and I love them!

Not only are Dave's knives awesome...he's just one heck of a guy to get to know. I seriously enjoyed meeting and talking with him in Oklahoma, last month.

Welcome aboard Dave! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

Uh oh! More money I'll spend now. I can't pass on a good knife. How does one go about getting on the list? Or will you build them and post them for sale on here? I'm looking for a small skinner for my trapping project this coming fall.

Mike

Just give me a call. Go to the web site www.mccroskeyknives.com and look at how to measure your hand and the different styles first. MJ, you may need a curved trapper or a straight trapper. Or the set. I don't trap so I can't tell you. There are others on here that can.
When you dress 4 hogs then hit the leather strap and it still shaves........well......... (elk knife)
Contact info:
HM (405) 624-9900
toll free (877) 2knives
cell (405) 747-0087

Quote:
When you dress 4 hogs then hit the leather strap and it still shaves........well

Dave, do you recommend a stroping leather to maintain the edge? If yes, strap or paddle?

I have never used a strop. I use buffing wheels but the paper and rouge combo works great. Anything that will straighten the edge and not remove steel will work. How is Colorado in the spring???????

Spring? Still waiting for it to arrive. Temps made it into the 40's today. Hardly any snow left in the driveways, lol. I'll know when it's spring because the Pdog pups start playing "Double-dog dare ya" on the hiways. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I just bought two of Dave's knives and let me say these things are "dangerous" sharp! After I e-mailed Dave, he called me on the phone and talked me through measuring my hand, picking colors for the handle, designing the sheath, etc. I felt like these knives were truly built for me. Now that I've gotten them I'm just amazed at how sharp they are. With the discount Dave gives I almost felt like I stole them. I don't know how he can make such a quality knife and sell it for such a low price. I'm going to order the two knife trapper set in a few months. Didn't I say above, this was going to cost me some money?!!

I tried to tell you guys these knives were SHARP!!!!! LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Actually they are very scarey sharp! Quote:
Guys, these knives are super, super sharp! Just the weight of the blade will easily shave slivers from a piece of paper.

Don't feel bad about it Mike, it's probably going to cost me some dollars, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey you guys....If anyone is thinking about a custom made knife, the time is near.

For those of you that wait till the last minute, a custom knifemaker doesn't work that way. I know that these knives have 30+ man hours into EACH one. If you think that you may want one for the upcoming seasons, you may want to go ahead and place the order now.

Each of these knives are custom fit to your hand. These aren't something that you can just goto Wal-Mart for.

Back