Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#921567 - 09/22/08 06:51 AM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Mason_Jarr]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Charles City, Iowa
Thanks for the pictures, that gives me a few ideas. I have the hand measurements now. I will get the order sent this evening.
Thanks,
Troy

#921568 - 09/22/08 08:54 AM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TroyBoy]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oklahoma
I don't usually take pics but the first is a bunch that was ordered 11-1-06 and shipped 11-16-06. 12 different color combinations.
second and third pics are knives finished this weekend and awaiting sheaths. Debbie just dropped off 11.
Fourth is elk and trapper set for Totch94(think both sheaths are here for you).
5th are the ones finished last week and the boner sheaths are here.
6th are sheaths with the arrowhead pattern. Glenn Guess has the one one the right in autumn brown. The left has light antique.
Time to start boxing and make a mail run. Then cut 2 handles for elk knives and glue them up. Have a good day.
Dave

#921569 - 09/22/08 12:45 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
bearmanric Offline
PM Sponsor/Custom Call Maker

Loc: Tenino,WA
sorry Dave no bear yet was over 80 everyday on the eastside. i wore my elk Hunter every day. love it. those arnt smaller elk Huter's on the Right are they. love the color's. thank's and see you in Oklahoma. my diabete's has been 120 and under last couple week's doing better. see doctor thurs then i'll hit the coast for bear. Rick

#921570 - 09/22/08 02:22 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: bearmanric]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Glad the blood sugar is doing better. Hope you get a big bear. To much fretting over them for me. But you are getting good exercise and fresh air and that's key. The pics are 2 boners, 7 elk, and a trapper set. The 12 in the top pic were all proskinners. All the elk blades run 2 3/4 inches to 3 inches. They just don't need to be very long.
Take care. Dave

#921571 - 10/02/08 05:12 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

Well I got the knife yesterday and all I can say is WOW! The thing is unreal sharp. Knife is so sharp that I am almost scard to use it as I might cut something important off! The knife is a real beauty to look at and fits in your hand like a glove even though its not made for me. This knife is for my Dad for his birthday. I am more excited to give this to my Dad than anything I have ever gotten him. Dave is a true class act and I will be ordering more in the future. Here are a few pics.

Edited by TroyBoy (10/02/08 10:59 PM)

#921572 - 10/06/08 08:54 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TroyBoy]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Got your check today. Thanks for the tip. Let me know how it fits your Dad. You have a credit on your next purchase.
Dave

#921573 - 10/11/08 04:07 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

Well, we gave the knife to my Dad today a week early so He could use it for the early muzzleloader season if he gets a deer. He was very impressed with the knife! Hopefully we will have a field report later today. The knife fits great. I will be ordering mine very soon! Thanks for a great knife.

#921574 - 10/11/08 08:02 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TroyBoy]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Glad he liked it and that it fit. Always a little worried when I don't have exact measurements..
Thanks again Troy and good hunting.
Dave

#921575 - 12/30/08 11:28 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
Mason_Jarr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southern Idaho
I've gotten to use Dave's trapper set on my trapline this year. So now I'm up to six of his knives. I just ordered another trapper set as a gift for a young man from Montana that's helping me with my beaver skinning. I'm sure he'll put them to good use! I'm not here to advertise for Dave, but I doubt I'll ever use another brand of knife in my lifetime. I've got some other great knives, but these here are unreal!

#921576 - 01/01/09 12:23 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Mason_Jarr]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Mike. Forgot to warn you. They are very ADDICTIVE.
Trying to figure out what to do. Wood is up 48%. Steel up 14%. Belts up 11%. Shipping up 8%.
Trying to produce the absolute best for the dollar takes you down a strange road. I take a lot of pride in putting the best(yea I'm biased) in the hands of the average worker/hunter. We have been talking about it but no decision yet. Trying to make some improvements in the proskinners. Personally I would discontinue them but they are great for processing and thats all I use them for. Trappers will stay the same.
Maybe a fillet knife. He cut 15 yesterday.
This was the first year that I had raw steel in my hands before Jan 1. Have a bunch ready to fire and some are sold.
Thanks for the 2008 orders. Hope you were pleased with the knives you received. 2009 is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you....................dave

#921577 - 01/02/09 10:52 AM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

Dave,
I would like to buy a knife for my 12 yr old for his birthday in June and was wondering what you could build with a regular handle that would work as he grows. I was thinking of a single curved trapper but let me know what you could do. I will also be ordering my Elk knife at the same time.

#921578 - 01/02/09 04:41 PM Re: Introducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TroyBoy]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Troy. The trapper set or just one of them would be the way to go. After he is full grown, then we could build one to fit the hand.
Has your dad had the opportunity to use his? Even after making over 4000 knives you always wonder if you got everything just right. Trying to rebuild the inventory now. Fired some today and will fire again tomorrow. Hope to have a batch ready to cryo when we leave to go elk hunting in 3 weeks.
Dave

Edited by Tha_edge (01/02/09 04:43 PM)

#921579 - 01/02/09 07:19 PM Re: Introducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

My Dad used his on 3 deer and could use a touch up but it is still sharp. I used it to skin my brothers deer and could not believe how much easier it is to skin with a sharp knife. I think I will order a single curved trapper knife for my boy. Will this work fine to skin deer? I will let you know the colors and my hand size. I will email you the details probably later tonight or tomorrow.
Thanks,
Troy

#921580 - 01/03/09 10:52 PM Re: Introducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TroyBoy]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Don't need hand size for the trappers. They work on about anything and the curved is the best for skinning. With your discount they are $75 with a sheath that has a flap. I would recommend it. Right or left side for the sheath. Only have 3 knives left and none of the straight trappers. We fired 15 straight yesterday and 15 curved today. Trying to get the other 30 shaped and fired before we go elk hunting so they can cryo them. Worked on the new proskinners for the past 4 days and will have 16 of them ready to fire sometime Monday. Worst part about selling knives is building the inventory back up.
On your dads knife, you might try dragging it backwards on a piece of wood. Straighten the edge. Good luck.
Dave

#921581 - 01/04/09 10:15 PM Re: Introducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
TroyBoy Offline
Seasoned Member

Order sent by email.
Thanks,
Troy

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.