Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#921537 - 03/03/08 08:13 PM Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Oklahoma
It is now official. As an advertiser I will try to answer questions, pass on good information, and do anything I can to help you guys and gals in the field or in the fur shed. We try to make the finest and sharpest knives on the planet. I have seen many names on here that I know so I know that there is a very quality group of hunters. That is the group that we try to build for.
I see no point in making knives for collectors. Substantial discount to members.
TIA Dave McCroskey
www.mccroskeyknives.com

#921538 - 03/03/08 09:31 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
Weasel-UT Offline
Retired PM Staff

Loc: S.W. Utah
Thank you for being here.

#921539 - 03/03/08 09:43 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Weasel-UT]
Joe Bradshaw Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: Ozark, Arkansas
Gentlemen...I can tell you Dave's knives are second to none....they are made to work...they are ( and stay) unbelievably sharp...they fit like a glove and look fantastic...I have several and will have more. I give them my highest recommendation...on top of that, Dave is a good man by the old time standards of a good man. He will do what he says he will ALWAYS and is honest to a fault...

Here is one of his "Elk" knives...

A set of skinners...

Joe

If I build them...they will come.

FOXPRO Field Staff - Mossy Oak Field Staff

#921540 - 03/03/08 09:46 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Joe Bradshaw]
tgrif Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Box Springs, GA
That is one fine looking knife.

Psalm 109:8 says, "May his days be few; may another take his place of leadership."

#921541 - 03/03/08 10:08 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: tgrif]
bearmanric Offline
PM Sponsor/Custom Call Maker

Loc: Tenino,WA
welcome Dave. i'll get a picture of my knife tomorrow. cant wait to skin a bear with it. again welcome. Rick

#921542 - 03/03/08 10:25 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: bearmanric]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Thanks Joe and Rick. Just got off the phone with Don and Danny in Texas. Guess Danny used his elk to do some hogs and is happy. Needs to straighten the tip but will still shave over most of the blade. Hope you got your truck fixed Rick. Been sick for a week so I am getting farther behind.

#921543 - 03/04/08 12:16 AM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
Nikonut Offline

Loc: Mt.Zion, Illinois USA
Take care of yourself Dave!

Good to see you here!

Guys, these knives are super, super sharp! Just the weight of the blade will easily shave slivers from a piece of paper. Like Joe said... Dave truely has old time standards for trust and reliability.

"He will do what he says he will ALWAYS and is honest to a fault..."

Couldn't have said it better!

Nikonut
"I've been a PM member for a very long time and I believe in the dream of a unified predator hunting community... I feel that was Will Craig's goal! I was beginning to see a glimmer of hope of that being possible, time will tell."

Support the NRA and help preserve our hunting heritage and our 2nd Amendment rights!
NRA Life/Endowment Member

#921544 - 03/04/08 01:13 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Nikonut]
bearmanric Offline
PM Sponsor/Custom Call Maker

Loc: Tenino,WA
Dave truck is fixed had to get new tire's and two ujoint's and drive line balanced. i'm flyng to oklahoma next year cheaper to. Rick

#921545 - 03/07/08 03:59 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: bearmanric]
J. Holly Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Stillwater, OK.
I have to say that Dave's knives are the absolute sharpest things I have ever seen. I haven't fully "tested" the knives I have had him make, however, I have gotten to use them a little, and I love them!

#921546 - 03/07/08 04:18 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: J. Holly]
TonyTebbe Offline
Retired PM Staff.

Loc: Lovington, NM
Not only are Dave's knives awesome...he's just one heck of a guy to get to know. I seriously enjoyed meeting and talking with him in Oklahoma, last month.

Welcome aboard Dave!

Tony

Tony Tebbe

#921547 - 03/07/08 08:51 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: TonyTebbe]
Mason_Jarr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southern Idaho
Uh oh! More money I'll spend now. I can't pass on a good knife. How does one go about getting on the list? Or will you build them and post them for sale on here? I'm looking for a small skinner for my trapping project this coming fall.

Mike

#921548 - 03/07/08 09:41 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Mason_Jarr]
Joe Bradshaw Offline

Loc: Ozark, Arkansas
Mike....you will love it!!

Joe

If I build them...they will come.

FOXPRO Field Staff - Mossy Oak Field Staff

#921549 - 03/08/08 09:38 AM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Joe Bradshaw]
Tha_edge Offline
Seasoned Member

Just give me a call. Go to the web site www.mccroskeyknives.com and look at how to measure your hand and the different styles first. MJ, you may need a curved trapper or a straight trapper. Or the set. I don't trap so I can't tell you. There are others on here that can.
When you dress 4 hogs then hit the leather strap and it still shaves........well......... (elk knife)
Contact info:
HM (405) 624-9900
toll free (877) 2knives
cell (405) 747-0087

#921550 - 03/08/08 06:50 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
Mason_Jarr Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Southern Idaho
Dave,
I visited your site and sent you an e-mail.

Mike

#921551 - 03/09/08 02:04 PM Re: Intrducing McCroskey Custom Knives [Re: Tha_edge]
NASA Offline
PM is my life

Loc: 40.02N/105.25W
Quote:

When you dress 4 hogs then hit the leather strap and it still shaves........well

Dave, do you recommend a stroping leather to maintain the edge? If yes, strap or paddle?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.