Best Howler?

Matt N.

I have been playing around with a Hot Dog howler for a while now. Even though I have had it a year and it is my first howler I have decided I don't care for its sound. I would love to have a custom call, but they are a bit more than I can spend on one now. So, what is the best sounding inexpensive (under $20) howler. Open reed perfered, but sound is the primary concern.
Thanks.
Matt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Most of the guys on this site that build custom calls can set you up. Tony Tebbe and Rudy Calderone build some pretty fine calls, and sell them for far less than they should. I have heard good things about Carver Calls as well.

i make dang nice Howler's too. i use yellerdog tone board's they are some of the best. i figure i pay big money for advertising. i'm going to say my call's to. Rick.

Quote:
Rick, TT, Kerry, and Rudy all make damnnnnnn good howlers!!!

+1 There are some great sounding howlers here on P/M from several different call makers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Kerry

Well Matt, it looks like you've got lots of choices. That's a great thing as a buyer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Tony

I don't have calls from everyone but I can say that Bearmanric's calls are dynamite. I have called in several dogs using his calls. When you order a call from him he ships it immedietly and if anything ever goes wrong he fixes it. I bought a howler from him almost 4 years ago I think. It was one of his first howlers and I broke the tone board. I sent it back and he fixed it and put a new toneboard in it and sent it to me for nothing four years later! Here is a picture with a dog I shot using his calls.

DSC00939.jpg

Last edited:
So now I want a Tony Tebbe call. Thanks a lot fellas! How am I going to explain buying yet another call to my wife!!! I have been looking for a good hand made call so I am glad I stumbled upon this thread!

Back