contest question

youbetcha

I was wondering if there's been any formal coyote hunt contests here in MN the last few years. I see redfrog in another topic category saying PM will assist if the details look OK to them.

At any rate, I was thinking it might be fun to have a contest next year, maybe in the Red Lake area. Although I'm pretty new to yote hunting, I'd be willing to help out if such a contest was held, either private or PM-sponsored.

I'm thinking of guys like snodog and tazimna; do you feel there's enough yote population there (or anywhere in the state), to sustain a decent hunt contest? It could be a little economic cortisone shot for the local economy up there too. Just a thought.

Dan from Eagan

Dan- THE "30 Mile Swamp" Might be a good area to try it at, we would have to stay clear of the reservation there, they are not as friendly as the Globe Reservation.

Dan, A fella could get permission from some local landowners I'm sure. I stopped by sporting goods store in Blackduck and was told by a couple different guys that the locals will let you hunt their property only at night. They didn't like the idea of bullets blazing when they are out doing their chores and tending fence, cattle, ect...

Sounds like fun to me. Lots of coyotes near Nebish!

Sno

So Blackduck I've been going up there for about 15 years and never seen or heard a yote just wolves, until this I went up there to do some fox hunting and ran into three sets of yote tracks that was driving around tracking about 15 straight miles don't think that blackduck is good for yotes I saw more cat tracks then any thing. Good luck with your adventures I you find the yotes up there killem all

I've heard from the locals head a little west to find the dogs. They were talking numbers over 50 a year but thats just talk ?

Back