LBL Hunt dates

Room for another Ohio guy? If so I'm in. The 8 man cabins are $50 total per night aren't they? That just seems unbelievably cheap.

Brad

GC, if I can get off my butt and do this then so can you. Fellas, if you want a good hunter and an even better story teller then promise this fine gentleman that you won't spit on his boots, scratch his new truck, doubt what he says and most of all won't shoot him in the butt!
My boy and I would be tickled to team up with you and face down a wild pack of coyotes.

Alright, what do I need to do to get hooked up for this hunt? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Kee Kee,
Put my boy and myself down for that cabin of 8. Sounds like you will need to save a space for GC, also, but better have him confirm that.
GC, you can check out some of the information about the LBL by clicking on the link in Jimmy's first post on this thread. Cost of the LBL access permit is $20.00 and then your temp nonresident license that you can purhcase on line by logging onto the Kentucky DNR website. I don't remember if we can purchase the LBL permit online so I will have to look that back up.
Jimmy, or any of you other veterans, what more is needed and where is a good location to pick up our permits and license close by? I will wait until I get there as I can save about $25.00 by purchasing my son's license at an agency in state.
Kee, you mentioned arriving early. What will be your arrangements once you get there? Christopher.

Alright fellers, I'm in! Jimmie, it looks to me as I come down 55 hwy from Missouri to Kaintuck I'll be coming right through your immediate neck of the woods. Want a ride? You could show a stranger around down there!

Ok...Christopher you and your son are welcom, there is a double bed in the large cabins if you all can bunk up.

Roundman I got you down for a spot.

Im waiting to from one other person on if he can make the hunt if he can were full if not GC your welcome to say with us! And im glad to see your coming down! It will be a good time! I look forward to talking and meeting with you!

So, thats me, Lawhorn, Brad, Ronnie, Christopher and his son, Roundman, And im waiting to here from Steve.

Sould be a great time! And good company!

I always get my permit on my way into town there at the LBL, And stop and get food at the store there to. I will bring all my cooking gear and heaters. I dont care to cook.

Some things anyone renting a cabin may want to know.

You will need to bring your sleeping bags and all that good stuff, the cabins are all elc no gas. So, you will need elc heaters. They will give you a heater at the camp ground check in station if you dont have one, but they dont put out much heat, the large cabin are harder to heat than the small ones. You can cook yourself or drive into town to eat, we always cook its a good drive to town from the camp ground. I dont know how far it is to town from the Tenn side, im thinking 20-25 min or so. There are also some hotels on the Tenn side for those who would like to stay in town. There is showers and bathrooms there at the camp ground and drinking water to.

You can get maps at the golden pond center. Or send in for them if you would like a look at them before hand. We will all have our maps from past years to.

Christopher,

Im going to try to get down there on Thursday Am, and stay till Monday morning. If all goes well.

Brent

Mailing Address:
Land Between The Lakes
100 Van Morgan Drive
Golden Pond, KY 42211

For general information on LBL, call 270-924-2000.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tahnks for the offer GC. I will more than likely be taking a truckload of stuff as usual. I will be renting a large cabin for a meeting house and gathering place. There will be plenty of room there for an extra since itr will likely be just me and whoever stays until the wee hours of the morning /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif When it gets a little closer to time for it we'll exchange cell numbers so we can meet and you can follow me on up there.

You should feel right at home. The terrain is much like what you've been hunting for years. There's just the added problem of more human traffic in the area than you can shake a stick at giving these dogs and education that is phd in quality. They are huntable if you just know where to look.

Christopher, you can get permits and license at any Walmart store in the area. Or even pick up you license at a bait and tackle shop and your LBL permits at any of the entrances to the LBL. If buying permits for you and your son, if he is a juvenile hunter , they will be only $25 for the pair. If he is an adult, over 16, they will be twenty each.

Everybody, do use the mailing address Chet posted above to get the road and zone maps to study before you come down. They will be indespensable when it comes to navigating your way around the LBL. Jimmie

Jimmie,
Thanks, I'll appreciate following you on down. That'll save me the embarrassment of asking some little chippy 7-11 clerk how to get there as I hold a mangled map up to the light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I guess I'll need to figure out a place to lay my head at night fairly soon. I hate sleeping in the truck! Been there and done that, but I'd rather not relive the experience! :rolleyes:

GC,
I believe that Jimmy was offering you a place to lay our head in the meeting room. Better check into that.
BTW, Jimmy, I have another friend who is interested in coming down. GC has met him, (Brian) and may want to vouch for him. If this can work out would he have room in your cabin, also? If not I understand but if so great.

Jimmy or Kee or anyone else, I have been trying to log onto the rentals link in the LBL website but am unable to bring it up. What are the costs for the cabin so I will know what I need to bring? Also, once I get my maps where exactly are we going to be staying? Any information will be apprectiated.
And don't forget: Vote Early & Vote Often!

Ok...Got the cabin...#B-14 From Feb 3rd - Feb 7th.

Christopher,

The cabin is $49.00 per night and there will be 8 of us so thats 24.50 each. And if you dont get there till friday or what ever we will work that out later. I already paid for the cabin so were good to go!

Were staying in Wranglers Campground.

Hey Jimmie!
Did you get the e-mail I sent you? I didnt get a reply thought maybe you didnt get it.

Brent

Hey Jimmie, you ol' coyote slayer, glad to see you're still running the ridges and chasing howlers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm looking foward to seeing you and the LBL gang again in Feb. Take care my friend!

Chet

Kee kee, it may be my mail system messing up. I resent the letter so maybe it will get through. Seems strange since you got the first one. Then again if you sent a second in reply then you may have the problem.

Every body, if you order the road and zone map from the LBL then you will have no problems locating Wranglers Campground. It is almost centrally located within the LBL making it an excellent meeting ground for those on both sides of hte border. Maps are good enough and roads well enough marked that I can give you a road no, tell you to go to the 3rd bend in the road and which side to call, If I were so inclined /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Chet, I do hope to see you there God willing and the creek don't rise on ya again. I haven't started up yet this season myself. Weather has been dry and warm leaving a lot of cover still in the fields. As of today we are still without a frost . You know how much I like to eliminate a coyote's chances of survival if I can /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Jimmie

Back