Which scope and why, NcStar or Nikko Stirling ?

Lets see some trophys you killed that i couldnt have killed with my NcStar mark III.......waiting.....thought so.If you need a Leupold to make you feel like a hunter and you can afford it go for it,but that doesnt change the fact that i dont need one.I cant speak for the entire lineup butThe MArk IIIs run from 120 on up and the two i have have worked flawlessly,maybe you should do some research before you talk smack...If Leupold didnt have the customer service they have I wouldnt own their products,i have had to warranty a scope,a spotting scope and a rangefinder of theirs over the last two years,nobodys perfect regerdless of price.I own a PILE of Leupold products and I know how well they work,not going to deny that there are other brands that get the job done for much less because of it.Ill bet you have never even seen a NC Mark III in person,another internet expert with nothing to back up their opinion.
http://www.shoptics.com/nc-rs-sm3mao62450g.html

Last edited:
Quote:
.....another internet expert with nothing to back up their opinion.

I don't have an opinion but I do have an experience... a short experience....with an NCStar scope.

I had one laying around from somewhere and I also had a new Model 70 Winchester in 264 Win Mag. I was wanting to shoot the rifle, but was waiting on a scope to come in the mail.

So....I mounted the NCStar scope and it lasted for three shots until the reticle turned about 30 degrees... End of experience.

I'm with 2MG. Spend more once and you only cry once....

-BCB

Yep I'm another internet expert that's too smart to waste my money on kiddie toy scopes. Once again, I've sampled a few hundred, just never sunk NCStar low, I guess........

What up BCB? Seems you showed up just on time. Hmmmm 3shots? Must not be a top of the line NCStar. I hear you can get 6 out of them........... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
Lets see some trophys you killed that i couldnt have killed with my NcStar mark III.......waiting.....thought so.If you need a Leupold to make you feel like a hunter and you can afford it go for it,but that doesnt change the fact that i dont need one.I cant speak for the entire lineup butThe MArk IIIs run from 120 on up and the two i have have worked flawlessly,maybe you should do some research before you talk smack...If Leupold didnt have the customer service they have I wouldnt own their products,i have had to warranty a scope,a spotting scope and a rangefinder of theirs over the last two years,nobodys perfect regerdless of price.I own a PILE of Leupold products and I know how well they work,not going to deny that there are other brands that get the job done for much less because of it.Ill bet you have never even seen a NC Mark III in person,another internet expert with nothing to back up their opinion.
http://www.shoptics.com/nc-rs-sm3mao62450g.html

WOW!!!! all of that AND a whopping 19.6 FOV /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

Chupa

Quote:
Somebody must have got an extra fish head in their bowl or rice when they designed that baby.

I'm rollin'........

2much- Just like you, I have no experience with NC or Nikko. Unlike you, I'll keep my mouth shut about them. But since you're rollin' now, maybe you can explain the statement you made a little while back.....

"Anybody with a brain can make a Burris pos-align insert work on a different ring."

I asked how that can be done and you never answered. Bein' as how you're on such a roll, maybe now.....

I don't know about the specific NcStar scope you're referring to, but I did try an NcStar 3x9x42 with their P4 mil-dot reticle after I heard some people saying they were ok. I was intrigued by the small size, large objective bell and the mil-dot reticle.

Made in China. Looks cool. So short that I had to modify a Weaver base to mount it. Kept it for one season and just didn't like it.

Not very sharp or crisp image. Lousy in low light conditions even with that 42mm bell. Eye relief and eye alignment were both very critical at all power settings.

I replaced it with a used mini-Burris 6x duplex reticle and I'm much happier. I won't buy another NcStar scope, but that's just me.

I just talked to a guy who told his lasted 40 shots before it "fried" internally, but wasn't gonna bother posting it, in favor of letting this thread die out. Let's see now, how many is that w/bad experiences with them just in this short post?

I simply can not afford to buy a product I have no faith in. Which would include any scope made in China. Apparently some others can. So be it.

Does 2muchMOUTH sit around and wait for a guy to ask an innocent question just so he can bash him on this forum? Geez, 2much, give it a rest. Leupolds are good we got it the first 50 times you jumped in on a thread.

If I ever feel the need to buy a $1000+ scope, it will be a Nightforce or a Swaro before a Leupold.

If I didn't already know what a jackazz you were, I might care. But I do, so i don't. How many $1000 scopes have you sampled in order to make that "educated" opinion".? Bet I know.

Seems you just want to stir the pot here, but you ain't smart enough, so I'd let it go.......

From personal experience I would stay away from NcStar. I bought one and it would change point of impact, severely, when I changed magnification. I did send it back and they sent me a new one but it had the exact same problem.
BP

Here try this,i hear it works,even in SE michigan
troll_b_gone.gif

Back