Not over, till it's over!

Song Dog

First off I had a friend who has alot of calves on the ground and said that he has been seeing at least four coyotes running their bottoms. His son had a couple of friends try call'n but with no avail. So thats why they called me. I went and looked at everything, found my spot to start. I went out this morning, knowing that the sun will be hitting me when it comes up, but from what I saw, figured that I could have one in and down before that. Well, not so lucky, I packed up after a LONG 40 minutes, 10 of it was just sitting there at the end. My head was kinda low at this point.
I headed back, almost got back to the barns and I thought I heard a howl, didn't know for sure. A quick turnabout was in place and went firther into the bottom along a fence line and sat there for about 5 minutes to see if anything would jump out. I went with a Challenge a coupel of times and waited. Then I do a pup distress. Waited again, and POOF way up over a hill comes three coyotes. I hunkered down and duck walked to a gate and used the corner post as my cover I grabbed my Tweaked Squirrel and so lightly proceeded with some cries and there one was up the hill to my left behind a brush pile that I was at earlier. I knew they would scent my tracks and they did But I got one to stop and made a hit, but he ran 30 yards in a wash out that was filled up with brush. I tracked him down in it and found him, alive So back up I go and grab my AR and back down I went and shot him again. Reached up in there with a stick and he jumped, now I am getting frustrated. I hammer him a couple more times for good measure. I can see that he was still breathing. I walked back up and got his son to come with me with a light and a pistol (I am going to get the coyote out, no matter what, kids like to see them). We get back down there and I shined a light and he has expired. I crawl in there (w/ pistol just in case) and drug him out.
I feel good now since I did a service. I now even have alot more acres to call .
Now, I bring him home and find out Rhett is going to see his cousins basketball game and Grace would be the only one for pics. I told her get her sock, she says wait wait, she come flying back into her room with Uncle Byrons Vol 1 video We had to take that out for the pics too
Got some pics hope you enjoy, I know Grace did.
100_1462.jpg

100_1463.jpg

100_1464.jpg

100_1465.jpg

100_1466.jpg

100_1467.jpg

100_1468.jpg

100_1469.jpg

In Christ,

Song Dog

Quote:
Great job Jason. You are going to have your hands full with that daughter. What a cutie!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifIt kinda scares me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks guys.

In Christ,

Song Dog

Quote:

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifIt kinda scares me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ain't that the truth brother...

Good work on the coyote, by the way.

Jason it seems that lately it has been taking alot longer for them to show. I have been sitting on stands 40+ minutes lately.Just yesterday I was 40 minutes in and getting ready to move when I caught one sneaking in at 150 yards. I got him but not his mate. I will post pictures later today.

Quote:
Great pics Jason. Whats all that whites stuff? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I think it is snow /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif It kinda started thursday and temps have been going up and lost most of it today. If it rains like they said tomorrow, it will be gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

In Christ,

Song Dog

Great idea...get her in some camo and her pink boots. She looks like she is having the time of a dozen lifetimes! Congrats, and good work getting the kid out there.

Back