Unbelievable jackrabbit numbers!

My finger started twitching and wouldn't stop after seeing that video clip. All I could think was, which one first, then second, then third, forth, fifth, sixth, etc..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I know what I will be counting, as I attempt to get some sleep.

Good luck, -Ron

Dave,

That video reminded me, have you heard from Blaine Eddy lately? I haven't seen him post anywhere on the "net" for a long time and hope he's doing alright.

Nothing better than a shittload of jackrabbits and a couple pocket fulls of ammo!....

Blaine is doing pretty good. I talked to him just a few days ago - he called to tell me what he got for his bobcats this year (and it was a LOT!). He has not been online for a long time though.

- DAA

I can remember as a kid watching some old home movies (8mm reel-reel) from the rabbit drives they used to do around here. They would set up a snowfence trap and herd the rabbits into it. Then would use clubs to kill the rabbits. There is an old lady (94 I think) that has some pasture land that I have tried getting permission to call on in the past and she says you can hunt anything but the coyotes, as she remembers those rabbit drives and hopes no one ever has to do that again.

The past 7 years have been great (for a shooter) around here. Had a guy call me last spring wanting me to get rid of his "bunch" of jacks that were eating his milo crop. Went over and in 3 evenings by myself shot 108 of them. I am not sure how many people he had called, but after a couple weeks there werent near as many left. I usually just go out about an hour and a half before sundown and get set up and shoot them as they come out of the cover. Cant use artifical light here so am limited to daylight hours.

Back