ultramax bullets?

mkeller72

Do any of you know what bullet ultramax uses in their remanufactured ammo? I like the performance, hardly any fur damage out of my .223 stevens with it and am looking for a bullet for my savage .243 to reload with. Any suggestions for the .243?

I asked that same question on the Ar-15.com reloading section. I did not get an answer. I too have had good luck with those Ultramax reloads,very accurate. The best I can give you is that I just purchased some 55gr. Hornady psp w/ cannelure. Comparing them side by side. Meaning a Ultramax reload to a Hornady bullet, they look identical. Am I sure they are? no.

usually the Ultramax box will list what bullet they are using. For example, I bought a box that read," 55g Nos bt". They were Nosler 55 grain ballistic tips. I don't recall seeing any that didn't list the bullet. Horn=Hornaday, SIE=Sierra, etc.

the ultramax that I use are 40gr nosler ballistic tips...says so right on the box...by the way, they shoot with exact same poi as blackhills 40gr vxax in my cz 527 223.

Where are you finding any Ultramax 55 grain balistic tip ammo? Everywhere I have checked is out. Thanks, ET /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Personally I would touch Ultramax with a ten foot pole, besides the standing advice to never shoot reloads that you haven't personally reloaded, their quality control leaves something to be desired.

This is Ultramax 223 ammo, this is a KB waiting to happen:
Ultramax-ammo-3.jpg

Here is an AR-15 on Ultramax ammo:
Ultramax-AR3a.jpg

Read the Ammunition Review & Reference, it lists ammo by quality determined by actual user reviews, Ultramax rates near the bottom of that list:
Ammunition Review & Reference

Looks more like a shipping issue than anything else. Something crushed that box on the corner. I wouldn't blame ultramax on that one. Same thing could have happened to Black Hills loaded like this. Anyone that loads ammo into a firearm blindly without checking it over is asking for it.

Don't work for them and I'm not defending them. I've seen Tens of THOUSANDS of rounds go out the door from our local Sportsmans warehouse and haven't heard a thing from anyone.

http://www.ultramaxammunition.com/home.html

Here's the options they offer in 223 with velocity.

223R2 223 55GR FMJ 3000
223R3 223 55GR SOFT POINT 3000
223R1 223 52GR HP 3000
223R6 223 68GR HP 2900
223R9 223 50GR TNT HP 3100
223RF1 223 42GR FRANGIBLE 3000
223R8 223Rem 75gr Match Hollow Point 2800
223R10 223Rem 62gr Full Metal Jacket 2925
223R5 223 40GR NOSLER BALLISTIC TIP 3200
223R4 223 50GR NOSLER BALLISTIC TIP 3100
223R7 223 55GR NOSLER BALLISTIC TIP 3000

I have had nothing but outstanding results from the ultramax ammo. It shoots great and have had very minimal fur damage, best I have used.

Quote:
Try to mitigate damages. Pay for the rifle, med. bills, damages and hope for the best.
John

Thats what I figured. I just didn't know the policy of ammo manufactures when it came to this things. You sure don't hear of allot of incidences like that this.

I have never used Ultramax but from what Ive heard it is good ammo.

I use ultramax when I can't get Black Hills blue box ammo. It has been nothing short of stellar, amazing accuracy and as has been mentioned the poi is the same as a comparable load from Black Hills.Don't hesitate to try it, you'll like it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Chupa

We have used UltraMax along with Black Hills Blue Box & Red Box. They have all performed as expected.
We picked some up at Cabela's where they had all three stocked.
A few years ago there was a discussion at the local gunshop. A rep from a supplier said there was a spin off company from a disagreement at Black Hills. Someone started reloading across the river or street in the same town. Not sure if UltraMax is the Rumored company back then but I still remember the talk.

That picture of the upper does not make much sense to me. The handguards and bolt carrier are intact with no visible damage. Hard to figure how you could break the upper without blowing the barrel or bolt to pieces????
And a longitudinal fracture????

Call me skeptical. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Jack

Back