varmits in San Angelo TX. Looking for help

levelox

I hunt N. E. of San Angelo in Ballenger TX. Have access to 600+ acres and have seen turkeys deer dove etc. I am new to varmit hunting and want to take advantage of year round hunting. I would like to talk to folks that know the area and know what kinda varmits are out there. Thanks in advance

well i live in abilene not far from Ballenger. i know for sure in thease areas tehre are some grey fox. and yotes an hogs bobcats. the hogs used to be real thick in that area nor sure about now. i know there are plenty of coyotes.

I grew up hunting there. And I am 22 today so thats not long ago we had tons and I mean TONS of fox, yotes etc. In my eyes San Angelo is some of the best hunting period in Texas. I didn't have to call for those fox and such just sit in my stand and watch they'd come trotting in! By the way the last I read Edwards Plateu (that whole area) has the highest turkey pop in the contry. We used to see them by the scores! just ground covered with turkeys I got some great beards and spurs outthere. When I get back to Texas I am going to start hunting that area again. Just get a call and set by a water source there I have done that before because wylie is either hungry or thirsty or both! You should get some kills quick.

Back