Hunting Weasel

marlin4570

Does anyone hunt weasel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I used to see them on a pretty regular basis and was wondering if anyone targeted them while hunting? If so what calls and tactics did you use?

Quote:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

sSig_oops2.gif
sSc_hidingsofa.gif
sSig_hi.gif

I have seen a few 4 legged variety while calling, but they don't seem to show any interest in the call. I've never shot one. They are too cute.............just like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
I have seen a few 4 legged variety while calling, but they don't seem to show any interest in the call. I've never shot one. They are too cute.............just like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4 legged kind---check
no interest----check
never shot one----check
too cute----check
like me---- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif Juts kiddin' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
They are too cute.............just like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That may be a bit of a stretch /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have only shot one. I was squirrel hunting and I thought I saw something running through the weeds so I took a "brush shot" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif, when I walked over there, I found I had shot a weasel. Its pretty neat to take those kind shots and not know what you get until you walk over there, especially when deer and elk hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quote:
Quote:
They are too cute.............just like me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Its pretty neat to take those kind shots and not know what you get until you walk over there, especially when deer and elk hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Until its a non game animal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Those always suck. This year I caught 2 chickenhawks in steel traps each within a week of easch other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Its pretty neat to take those kind shots and not know what you get until you walk over there, especially when deer and elk hunting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

Until its a non game animal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif Those always suck. This year I caught 2 chickenhawks in steel traps each within a week of easch other. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Trust me, I was just joking.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Trust me, I was just joking.

I knew you were, I was just sayin; ya know, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Check your game laws. In many states you can only trap, not shoot them. As for sounds to use, I would burry your foxpro down about two feet, then use mice squeeks. They take a long time to respond, like one to two weeks. Good luck. and remain completely motionless while on the stand.

Back