Your Biggest Coyote??

fire29

Im talking about on a scale, not well it looks like. It is funny how far off people can guess on furry animals. Mine is 36 pounds, Im sure he is not the biggest but man what a nice dog.

I got a 38 + lbs 7 years ago. Old male who was well fed year your off of a beef and sheep farm. I remember drag it back to my truck. I forgot my drag.

I had heard of coyote taken east of the hometown during a contest that was 50 something. Quite a while ago.
Probably just rumors and BS.

KH

Called one in for my Dad in ND that wieghed just over 36. Was his first coyote ever and is now tanned on the wall in his reloading room. I shot my biggest last winter. Wieghed mid 35.

Here are my two biggens.
Dont have a scale so I have no idea how much they weighed.
If you had to guess by looking at the pics what would you say?
I am 5'8" 200lbs(add a few pounds around christmas)

DSC01927.jpg

yote.jpg

Here is mine. Only one I ever got so far called in. Called others in at different times fairly close howling and yipping etc. but never got any more shots. Still after them tho. This one weighed 41.7 on a digital scale at taxidermists. Nice big male. Oh, I'm 6' 2" 225 lbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

IMG_9880.jpg

Last edited:
I am no expert but I would guess both those yotes in the mid to high 40s. My biggest was a male I howled in, he weighed 46 lbs on a scale. I have killed many more I guessed over 40 lbs.

My largest have been in the low-mid 50's, I forget any "top" number, but a few were called and a few more trapped in that same size class in upstate New York. The biggest I've ever personally seen verified was one a customer brought me years ago, and he tipped the scale at 62 or 63 pounds.

In 2002 I bought a Berkley digital fish scale and have weighed 104 coyotes on it. The average weight has been 29.5lbs and the biggest was 42.6lbs that I shot on 1/24/08.The smallest was 20lbs.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one in the bottom right of the pic. weighed in @ 40.5 on a berklry digital fish scale as well. Biggest one of Oct.2007

Picture002.jpg

This is my biggest, shot a couple of weeks ago,weighed him on my digtal fish scales, the scale went to 50lbs and the coyote bottom it out, what do you guys think.I am 200lbs and just over 6 ft tall.I have shot alot of coyotes but nevered weighed one before.
204coyote.jpg

Back