PA. Coyote Hunting Rules?

Big Blue

Hey guys! I'm new to this forum, and to predator hunting, so I could use some help decoding the PA. game laws about coyote hunting. After reading the hunting manual several times, I'm still confused. Can anyone put me straight on the coyote hunting game laws? I'm always looking for another chance to extend my hunting, and this sounds great to me.
Don

BIG BLUE,

It's 24/7/365, unless you've killed a buck
during deer season, and don't have an antlered
tag in your possesion. In other word's, if you've
tagged a deer during deer season, you can't go
back out and " say " you're hunting coyote's.
Outside of deer season it's 24/7.

You do not need a "Fur Takers" license to hunt coyotes in PA. Only a valid hunting license. You do need one(Fur Takers License) if you hunt fox or other legal furbearers.

Well, for the most part what broken said is true only that also applies to bear season, and turkey only in spring turkey if you killed a bird you can't go out hunting yotes till after 1pm, because spring gobbler season ends at noon and the turkey hunters have to be out of the woods by 1:00 so after that yotes are fair game again.

Thanks to all of you guys for the replies. PA. couldn't make the manual any more confusing if they tried, but I've seen New Jersey's, so maybe we don't have it too bad. I take it we can use scope mounted lights? Electronic calls? I've been wanting to try this for a while. I'm about a half an hour North of Allentown right by the Blue Mountains, are there any good areas near me. Most of my hunting experience is with deer, and groundhogs.
Don

singing dog where abouts in franklin co. are you from . i'm from over in fulton co . down below needmore . have you had any luck over their this year ?

If you read the wording in the book carefully, during deer season you need either a valid back tag or a furtakers license. Key word is or. I take this to mean if I kill a buck and use my tag that I can still go out and hunt coyotes because I have a furtakers license.

I think you should probably check that out with a warden guys, if you have no deer tags, im pretty sure you Can't hunt yotes during deer season even with a furtakers license,to prevent people from hutning deer and using coyotes as an excuse. Im almost positive on that -Justin

Justin,ONCE AGAIN! howlNmad is correct! No need hear to check with a warden."You" need to check your 2003-2004 hunting digest on page 82.

If you have used your deer tag,and also hold a valid furtakers license,you may still hunt yotes during deer season.

Outlaws and poachers are still going to shoot deer unlawfully wheather they have a tag or not.

*PaCoyotenut*

Back