Rifling twist rate on NEF .223 Handirifle?

Karl in Phoenix

What is the rifling twist rate on the NEF .223 Handirifle? I just scoped one I have had in the gun safe and am curious about what bullets it will like.

Thanks for your help.

i wouldn't swear to it..but..i think ?? 2006 & up are 1/9 twist..from what i've heard it doesn't really matter..the fast twist barrels may not shoot the heavier bullet's much better..check over @ graybeard outdoor's..lot's "o" handi-rifle information over there & guy's that can better answer your question's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Here's a recent thread on H&R 223 Twist rates, if you're referring to the 20" Superlight barrel, they're still 1:12" with ejectors, or were recently until Marlin makes another run of barrels when H&R runs out of that batch, all other current production 223 barrels are extractor 1:9" twist. Marlin started making most all of H&R's barrels for them early last year, they're better barrels than previous H&R made 223 barrels, recent reports are good for the longer, heavier bullets, good accuracy with up to 75gr so far.

Tim

http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php/topic,137348.msg1098532557.html#msg1098532557

It's VERY easy to find out what twist ANY rifle has by simply putting a mark (dot) somewhere near the handle of your gun cleaning rod after inserting it (with a tight fitting patch) into your rifle's barrel; measure the distance from the chamber to the mark on the rod, then push the rod into the barrel until the mark makes one complete revolution; stop and measure the distance to the mark from where you originally measured from and there you have the twist ! Now, write it down. You should know the twist for ALL of your rifles.

Quote:
It's VERY easy to find out what twist ANY rifle has by simply putting a mark (dot) somewhere near the handle of your gun cleaning rod after inserting it (with a tight fitting patch) into your rifle's barrel; measure the distance from the chamber to the mark on the rod, then push the rod into the barrel until the mark makes one complete revolution; stop and measure the distance to the mark from where you originally measured from and there you have the twist ! Now, write it down. You should know the twist for ALL of your rifles.

Yep,,,,,,,,+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif,,,,,,,,,Relying on internet hearsay (no matter how well intentioned) is not a good idea. Even the manufacturers can be wrong,,Trust Me.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Check it for your self!!!!!
A piece of masking tape on your cleaning rod near the handle make's it easy to mark with a Sharpie or pencil or whatever. Then follow the directions above.

Back