Area 51 Ground Squirrels

Hey guys,
I'm sure some of you NV natives will know.... Are ground squirrels legal to shoot in Nevada? I've looked through the DOW website a few times, and don't recall seeing anything either way. I'm sure it's probably there somewhere, but figured someone might be able to save me some research?
Thanks

Cool, thanks for the info crapshoot. Of course I'll ask when I buy my license just to be sure. When we first came out in september the fat little buggers seemed to be all over, and I thought they'd make cool targets with the 17 rem or 250,lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Most places you buy your lisence won't have a clue. The same goes for a good portion of the F&G department. I had a game warden aske me this year if I had my coyote hunting lisence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LOL, that sounds like back in NY. I've got the DOW office right down the road, maybe I can find someone there that knows something,lol. I got some time this afternoon, maybe I'll do a bit more research and see if I can find out. Our first ten days here we camped, and those little buggers sure ate their share of my dogs food. Be nice to get some payback,lol

Quote:
Hey guys,
I'm sure some of you NV natives will know.... Are ground squirrels legal to shoot in Nevada? I've looked through the DOW website a few times, and don't recall seeing anything either way. I'm sure it's probably there somewhere, but figured someone might be able to save me some research?
Thanks

Hey Mick,

Shoot the heck out of them. They are not protected. I shoot them every chance I get. Let's do some squirell popning together. Might even get a few rock chucks.

TONY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back