best 3x9x40 scope under $250

I just went through this same search for a scope for my new 243. You will hear more than likely the following. Bushnell Elite 3200, Burris Fullfield II, Sightron,, and Leupold VXI. I went with the Lupy for the warranty. I have a Elite on my CZ and it is as clear as the Leupold, but I have never owned a Leupold and wanted one. One good thing about the Leupold is that is it easy to mount scope covers on because it does not have the fast eye focus like the Fullfield and Elite do. Not that it is a major issue, but I like it better. Also the eye relief is better on the Leupold than the others mentioned.

Good luck in your search.

Nikon Prostaff. Shop around, you'll save some of that money, and have an excellent quality, bright, clear, reliable scope, with a good warranty.

thats was right along the lines i figured i would go. except for the leupold vx1. i dont know alot about scopes but i could definatly see the difference between the vx1 and any other scope in that price range, that i had looked at. the vx1 was a terrible scope for me. very dark not much light getting through that thing. and the friction adj, are the pits! hope i just got a bad one, and i also hope you guys that have one are happy with it. thats the main thing. thanks lee

Currently I would vote for the Burris FFII with ballistic plex. I just saw them on sale again with the 8x Binos for $199. I have found them to be bright, useful and a bargain as you can sell the binos for about $50 if you wish. I liked the binos well enough I kept them.

I have a Bushnell Elite 3200 that I love too. In 3x9 and 5x15. Also the Nikon Buckmaster is a good scope too. I have a Weaver 3x9 that is nice too.

I've had a soft spot for the Burris Full Field II with ballistic plex. I have 2 now. One on a Ruger 22 and the other on a 7MM WSM. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back