Coyotes Woke Me Up This Morning

AZ_Mike

Here in my neck of the woods we have these service alleys in our backyards for trash, gas meters etc. In my case there is also a hill and 150 feet of distance between my house and the neighbors directly behind me, which is a pretty good feature considering the "bee hive" way they build houses out here.

At 0400 I heard a pack of coyotes yipping and yapping right in the alley behind my house and they were loud. So I got up and put a light on them and they shut up immediately and slowly moved up the hill and out of sight.

The thing I found to be funny was the usual barking neighbors dogs were silent when the coyotes were out there. I probably should have left them alone, maybe they would have taken care of those obnoxious domestic animals once and for all. Oh well, maybe next time.

When I was up nights I would see this lone coyote going down my street about 0300, but this is the first time I have seen them in a group and the first time they decided to serenade me out of my sleep right in my backyard. You think maybe it was an omen? "Like we know where you live wannabe coyote hunter...leave us alone"?

J/k about the omen bit, but I thought the story was interesting non the less.

What no sniper work, pictures of dead coyotes...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

OG, they were calling you out. They were on your turf. Don't take that from some gangbanger wannabe canids. Bust a cap G! They can howl all they want, but a 9 speaks louder, know what I'm say'n? 187 G, 187! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back