Prairie dogs

flydown

I would like to find the nearest place to Central Arkansas to hunt prairie dogs on public land. I have looked into Kansas and haven't found much info. I would be willing to go where ever I might need to go to find lots of shooting.

Closest place of Public Land I can think of off hand is Central South, South Dakota...I'm sure there may be others, I'm just not aware of them..

SW Kansas was not reported to be too good last year..

BLM land & National Grassland in WY can have good results. Forget SW KS, its not good. However, driving from AR to find PD shooting on public land in a reasonable time frame is a crapshoot.

Good luck!

Quote:
BLM land & National Grassland in WY can have good results. Forget SW KS, its not good. However, driving from AR to find PD shooting on public land in a reasonable time frame is a crapshoot.

Good luck!

I had heard that Kansas had plague wiping them out.

Colorado has had the plague for almost 20 years in the prairie dog colonies. Some years it hits them harder than others, but they rebound in a year or two and colonies just a few miles away will be unaffected.

Quote:
I would like to find the nearest place to Central Arkansas to hunt prairie dogs on public land. I have looked into Kansas and haven't found much info. I would be willing to go where ever I might need to go to find lots of shooting.

Closest to you would probably be OK but I haven't ever shot there so you would have to do you own research.

Back