Bear trap

Bart52571

Anybody know what a newhouse #5 grizzly bear trap would be worth. I am looking at buying one. It is a little rusty but you can read the markings on the pan. There was none on ebay to compare to. Any advice would be appreciated.

When ebay allowed those big #5 traps to be listed, they were selling from $450.00 to way over $1000.00..... If the pan reads *KENWOOD, N.Y.* it is worth a little more than one that reads *Oneida Community, N.Y.*
There is one on ebay right now, item #160202373749..... It's up to $985.00 so far with 2 days left. I'll be REALLY surprised if ebay doesn't pull it before the auction ends. They usually do.
What does the person want for the one you're looking at?
Buy it if it's reasonable enough. Good investment. They will only go up in value.

It's beyond me the reasoning ebay has concerning banning items such as the big traps with teeth. It's just something stupid that ebay has chosen to do. They do ALOT of stupid things.

Quote:
When ebay allowed those big #5 traps to be listed, they were selling from $450.00 to way over $1000.00..... If the pan reads *KENWOOD, N.Y.* it is worth a little more than one that reads *Oneida Community, N.Y.*
There is one on ebay right now, item #160202373749..... It's up to $985.00 so far with 2 days left. I'll be REALLY surprised if ebay doesn't pull it before the auction ends. They usually do.
What does the person want for the one you're looking at?
Buy it if it's reasonable enough. Good investment. They will only go up in value.

WOW!! it went for $2000.51
what makes them so valuable?

[quoteWOW!! it went for $2000.51
what makes them so valuable?

I fooled around and missed the one I was trying to buy. The guy sold it for $545.00. I missed it by a matter of minutes. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

i know were there is a Number 6 bear trap with teeth for sale. Like new. Made by America Fur and Trade Company. What's it worth?

Back