15 yard coyote.

stevecriner

This is a little late but since i found the photos I thought i might share it. My wife and I went for a morning hunt a few weeks or so ago. She had been wanting to run the camera for quite some time so i gave her a shot. She is quite good at it but you know,, we get along while working about like a coyote and a hen...
We filmed and hunted all morning with no luck and then finaly we were driving in on a ranch about noon and seen two coyotes. One imediately seen us and headed south and the other just wondered off to the north. We set and waited for the coyote that headed north to get out of sight so we could move in for the set.
The wind was from the south and ofcourse due to the winter time sun the whole set was just lucky to get made the way it did in this spot. We found adequite shade and began our sequence.
I figured since i split the coyotes up I would use some vocals with distress and set up a scenario and try to trigger a reaction and get the coyote really enthused. I started with a soft howl from the MAc Daddy and went to grown cottontail a few minutes later. About the 4 minute mark I started whining really hard and sounding lost and upset.
Not long my wife whispered," Theres a coyote". I looked up and litterly the coyote was about to run us over. The coyote veered to the left and out of reaction i barked and smooched causing the coyote to slow down and pogo a bit. I touched the encore off and rolled him at 15 yrds.
This was ONE of the best hunts i have ever had on film. My wife had pulled it off. She caught everything from where the coyote veered away and the smack and roll. She really has steped up her game and became a good camera woman.Here the pics.

christmas177.jpg

christmas180.jpg

christmas184.jpg

Looks like a pretty good size yote. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif I wonder if i can talk my wife into filming my hunts? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No wonder you have them wanting to run you over, The wind sock on the camera mic looks like a JIB decoy! Watchout!!!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:
What kind of camera is that?

This is a Canon XH A1. It will film HD or SD. YOu know HD will be here before you know it.

Quote:
Wheres the footage!! We wanna see movement!
Rick H...

Be looking for Operation Predator 5 this next season. Im sure it will be there. But maybe i can post some footage for you all later

EDIT: I forgot Rick. I have a hunt posted on my myspace page..

Last edited:
Thanks Rich. Ive had that camera for a month i guess. The Ole GL2 finally crapped out between hardwood kitchen floors and dryed river beds in AZ, you remember the one me and Maddy fell off of.

Steve, That is the first time I have ever been on myspace but I liked your page. The music is awesome! Who is that singing?

Your wife looks like she is way supportive. I wish I could get my wife out hunting with me!

Very nice thanks for posting!

SD, Thanks. I put that up after I got on with Hunters Specialties so the folks I met around the country could see what i was up to. Some folks don't go to forums and such so that gives them some pics and vids to watch from time to time. Also that is a guy i used to fight bulls for and his band.

And yes my wife is very supportive. Without her I wouldnt be were I am at and it looks better and better every day. We have a 9 month old gurl at home so without her support it wouldnt work. She is getting into running the camera and starting to like hunting a bunch. We got some plans to film some deer hunts this year also. All I can say is Im blessed for sure. I have the pleasure of working for a company Ive been a fan of for years and have a wife at home that keeps things going when Im gone. Before the change I was hunting a bunch on the road and she knew if I was gone then a bunch that I would probably be gone more with HS but she took in consideration about it being my dream and urged me to go for it. She is the best. "It just dont get no better"

Rich, Isnt it funny we are always talking about them fond memories,,,man Im a mess,lol

Man you sure are a lucky guys, a pretty wife that will run a camera for you while you are hunting, tell me how it gets any better.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back