Good day (pics)

Helipilotm

Had a good day today! Went out with my cousin. We were running a little later than I like to be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. I was kinda feeling down about even going out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, but my cousin has been out of town for work and was looking forward to a day of huntin. We set up on the first stand and right as we were getting settled we here a lone coyote start howling /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. I grabbed my TT howler and give out a lonesome female howl. About three minutes later this big male shows up
(Far right)
DSC00337-1.jpg

about 200 yds out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. I lip squeak and he comes on the run. At the 50 yd mark I bark him to a stop and my cousin shoots and we hear the WHAP DRT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The next stand I howl twice and wait about three minutes then start into some hurt pup. At about the ten min mark the other two from the pic show up about 100 yds /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif and stop checking things out. I give them some more hurt pup and here they come. At 25 yds I shoot at the far female (far left) with #4 buck out of the 12 gauge DRT. I pull up on the next one as my cousin is barking at him. He stops about 50 yds I pull and he spins a few times and down he goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. The next stand we got busted walking in. We shot at him but he just wouldnt stay still long enough /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif. We decided to head back for home. The first one weighed 40.4 pounds the other two were around 26 pounds. Overall it was a good day for this late in the season /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. Also it is the first true double for me with the shotgun. It should make dogboy proud /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

See....you ought a sleep in more /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Congrats man. Outstanding double as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Great story, photos and results...Nice looking coyotes.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

About time you got to put some dogs in the dirt... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Looks like there is still a few out there..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Can't believe you used coyote sounds and scored, some people won't believe it....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
Way to go! Is it the photo or does that old male have some battle scars on his muzzle?...40#+ I'm guessing he's seen a tussle or two.

Well done Heli,

Nice yotes. The one on the far left looks to have a nice hide.
In you post you said, "The next stand I howl twice and wait about three minutes then start into some hurt pup."

May question is how long are you doing the hurt pup sounds and how long are you waiting in between those sounds? You're not doing hurt pup constant from the 3 min to 10 min are you? If you could give me an idea of how much hurt pup calling to silence I'd appreciate it.
M

Thanks everybody for the kind words /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif.

Dogboy... Dont you mean hit the snow thats the cold white stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif I havent seen dirt for a few months.

Stormking... Yes he had a lot of scars on his muzzle and his ears were chewed up pretty bad also. He was one bad dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Shark I usually howl at least twice then wait about three to four minutes. Then I will start into hurt pup usually thirty seconds silence for a few seconds and thirty seconds again. Then I wait a few minutes and repeat /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif. Actually they all three had nice hides the big male had a spot on his shoulders where he had started rubbing. There all getting tanned and im gonna boil the big males skull. Its probably the biggest one I have ever seen.

Congratulations on the double with a shotgun. Three coyotes in one day is agreat day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Back