FX-5 and Screamin' Grey Fox score

possumal

Went out for a late afternoon stand here in Jessamine County. I setup the FX-5 and JIB by a small woodlot at the end of a hayfield. I used a combination of Coyote & Fox Fight, switching to the new Screamin' Grey Fox sound, and called in a big pair. I muted the call when the big male was about 150 yds across the field from me, and turned on the JIB. He was on full alert when I sent a 70 grain Blitz King through his right shoulder. Couldn't get the female to return. He was an extra nice male, well furred, 52 lbs. This makes the 50th coyote I have killed on this farm over a period of 6 years, and the 5th one over 50 lbs.
52lbmale1-26-08003jpg-psp.jpg

Congrats Al, you feeding those coyotes corn back there??

That's a big doggy....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Dogboy: I try my best to feed them 70 grain Blitz Kings! They are eating good and that's a fact. I have witnessed considerable growth in the species in this part of the country, and I believe they have evolved to meet the size of the animals they are preying on. When I first started coyote hunting 16 years ago, killing big calves was virtually unheard of. It is a common event now.

Back