Saturday's Single

Bob Addy

Day calling has been pretty tough in my neck of the woods. Waist deep grass and broom weed has made it nearly impossible to see anything coming in. I did manage to call in a pair early this morning. The male nearly ran over me but I got this female hanging at the back. I called them in with one of Steve Barbour's calls from Haskell. Old Purp did the rest.

GW1.jpg

Bob-- Good going!!! That purple stock brings a smile to my face every time I see it! I wonder if the coyotes smile too????

If you have such tall grass, maybe it is time to start hunting from a ladder??? I was in fairly tall grass on my last stand last night and was lucky to get the coyote to stop in an open spot in the grass. If I had been about 4 feet off the ground, I could have popped that coyote anywhere from 200 yards to 75 yards out. As it was, I had to wait until it was 25 yards away. The action can get WAAAAY too fast when they get that close.

I have thought about having a light weight aluminum tripod say about 4'tall made. Last year was bad, this year is even worse. Old Purp is still airing them out. I just don't take as many pics or post as I once did. But, I have my Rhino camoed up and have a killin chair on top. Fixing to start using it. Just park it next to a big bush and go to whackin.

Hey Fox, notice that grin on her face?????????????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice ,That rifle is sure defferent.Thanks for sharing!!
Looks awesome!! Good looking coyote!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Good going! Really like that swift, makes me want to break mine out. I know what you mean about the grass and weeds. Last spring's and summer's rains really have the pastures extremely grown up around here. I sure would like to see a pic of your shooting hair on the Rhino, sounds like a good answer to the visibility problems in some areas.

Foxy, those are ear pugs. When I'm not wearing my Sportears those are used. Many years of calling with Swifts and no hearing protection has done it's damage. Every rifle has a set in the shell holder now.

Troy, the next kill I get with the Rhino I'll have some pics posted. The Rhino blends in real well with the mesquite and cactus.

lol i wish all i had to deal with was waist deep grass, cause this knee deep snow is kicking my butt! nice job on the coyote /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Bob,

Good work. That is a good looking rifle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif Seems like you are into purple. From the movie anyway with the purple tweety /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Guess I need to use the Syco Swift next. It kind of matches some of the calls Rick builds me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

About time you posted Bob, good to see you out and about calling and collecting, congrats.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back