Dry spell is over!!! (pics)

WKYote

Finally, after a loooong drought I got some action!
100_2034.jpg

I shot her at 13 yards with a Tikka 243 with 58gr. V-max
100_2033.jpg

She walked within 10 ft. from me and never knew I was there.
When I turned my safety off she heard it and stopped the other side of this briar bush. This is the view from where I was sitting.
100_2031.jpg

I was calling with a foxpro xr-6 using "fawn distress" and then "lighting jack". It took her about 20 min. to come in. Shot her at 9:30 a.m.
100_2039.jpg

It's been September since I last called something in and was getting discouraged. BUT, Im hardheaded and wasn't about to give up! All you guys going through those dry spells my advice is KEEP CALLING! Its worth it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gifGreat lookin´ cat you got there, congratulations from Sweden.

///Fredrik /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Kaintuck:

Homey, you done shot the Kentucky Wildcat mascot! You better "git out of town", those fans will be mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice job!

Redhound80

That is a pretty cat!! Some day it will be my turn for one !!
Glad your dry spell is over.Thanks for sharing!!
and good luck!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Quote:
Kaintuck:

Homey, you done shot the Kentucky Wildcat mascot! You better "git out of town", those fans will be mad! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nice job!

Redhound80

RedHound, I actually was gonna have her mounted with a University of Kentucky basketball. You know how us wacked out UK fans are /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Way to go! Glad to see that you hung in there. This is a sport that requires patience, no doubt!

Where in West Kentucky are you at?

WKYote:

Quote:
RedHound, I actually was gonna have her mounted with a University of Kentucky basketball. You know how us wacked out UK fans are

Yep, I bleed BLUE during basketball season, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What better way to combine two loves, UK basketball and predator hunting! That would be a beautiful mount for sure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

Redhound80

Quote:
Way to go! Glad to see that you hung in there. This is a sport that requires patience, no doubt!

Where in West Kentucky are you at?

Im in Murray, Ky.
Redhound, It's good to see another predator hunter, slash UK fan on here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

WKYote:

Headed your way for a week to the LBL (my happy hunting ground) for a solo coyote hunt 2-8 February. Been hunting there since the early 80's. Lots of coyote hunters there now, compared to just a few short years ago. I also stop in and pay my respects to our fallen soldiers of the division at Ft. Campbell. It rounds out my inner being to walk that hallowed ground again (101st) and hunt my most favorite spot on the planet (LBL)!

Happy hunting in the happy hunting ground, WKYote!

Redhound80

I used to travel the I-24 route through your part of Kentucky often and would see quite a few coyote out in the fields. Again, congrats!

Nice bob the first one i shot i used a .243 all i could see was the top of the head. after i shot i never saw that part again (oops) moved to a 22-250. Its got some nice fur.

Back