This mornings fun!

yote1956

Today went out to make a few stands, was really cold here about -25C, with a wind blowing as well. I took my 2yr old Blue Lacy decoy dog out,as I am training her. Well I put the scorpion caller in the tree and began useing the jackrabbit distress call. I waited about 5-9 min then used the coyote death cry. I just started that and chola the lacy, gave a short bark. I knew something was up, so I just turned a bit to the left and this nice male coyote came bounding out right towards the call, he was jumping 2 feet in the air. Just then chola started out after the coyote and he saw her coming at him full bore. The yote began to run and then stopped but chola kept going full speed ahead, right over a little knoll. All of a sudden,I could hear this terrible dog fight ensue.It actually was pretty bad, but I couldn't see it because of the knoll. I then high tailed it over to where I heard the fight going on. I had all sorts of visions of my dog laying there hurt or worse!As I approached the spot, I could see chola with her tail straight up in the air, and following the coyote tracks, running back and forth searching for the coyote. I can't tell you how relieved I was to see her OK. I was pretty proud of her as she seemed to hold her own. But from now on I will have her on a bit of a short line, to hold her as she is a little too aggressive, and you don't know how many coyotes are waiting. Even though I didn't get the coyote, I had a great day, to see chola at work, and isn't that what it is all about!!

crapshoot

LoL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah, it was a rush alright. Here is a pic of the blue lacy. the best dog I ever had!!

Chola.jpg

are blue heller before he got old and so [beeep] fat lol used to always put the run on the coyotes when we were haying. He was always so fast he would just bite em in the [beeep] and theyd spin to get him and hed do it again he found it to be a fun gam but the yotes didnt lol

WolfSlayer

I have seen those heelers in action and they are fast,especially when they are nipping at my ankle. lol

I was out yesterday with both our Blue Lacys, and decided to howl with my howler. I tried a lone howl a couple of times and nothing. I then walked about half a mile away and did it again, this time my lacy in the above pic, started barking and looking back. I knew a coyote was close, but I couldn't see it. So after a while I started to walk some more and crossed a fresh set of coyote tracks, about 200yds away. I guess the yote didn't want to come and play./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

This same spot last year, the lacy was running with 7 coyotes all at once I couldn't believe it. And no gun. Just for a walk with the wife. Lots of fun!!

If you can, you need to train her to respond to either a whistle, your bark, and quit that over aggressive stuff. Cal Taylor, Merv Griswold, and Murphy Love don't want them to be so aggressive that they'll overdo it and get killed. She sure is a pretty thing.

Thanks possumal,

Lately, I have been using an e-collar and she seems to be responding to it. You are right about her being to aggressive. I don't want to see something happen to her. In our country it doesn't take too much for her to get out of sight, when you are looking for a coyote to come in from a different direction. It is very hilly here with lots of trees and brush.

Back