SW metro.... anyone hunted south of prior lake towards....

One_2_watch

I am going out scouting towards New prague this afternoon. Going to try and find some spots in Scott county. Anyone had any luck...? Maybe over towards Carver and Sibley county too.

I mainly hunt Rice county west of 35W and LeSueur County near Montgomery. I will probably change areas next season since i found out there are several groups that drive them in the Rice and Leseur county areas. They have shot 90 yotes since Dec. 15th. Definately haven't heard as many this year as last. Now i know why.

I have been hunting dakota and rice county for a few years now. And all the times that I have been out I have never seen anyone, no shots or even boot tracks. Ninty coyotes is pretty dam good. I have not called anything this year in rice and dakota county.

Anyone been out towards Carver or Sibley Counties? I also had talked to a guy at work that bowhunts north of Stillwater... he said that there were ALOT over that area. 3-7 yote's per time he was out there. Anyone been over there?

Hey guys,

I am in the south Metro(Shakopee) and I have hunted all over the state. Some areas are obviously better than other areas but I have noticed a huge rise in the Dog hunting groups. I was out in the rochester area a couple weeks ago and as I was driving to another spot there were 6 pick up trucks(stopped) of guys with white on. I pulled up next to one truck and they were 4 coyotes deep into a good morning already. this was about 10 am and it was a weekday. They all had CB radios and the dogs were barking to beat hell in the kennels. Sort of depressing that I had already made four sets that morning in a fairly new area to me and these guys were regulars doing this. Guess where I probably wont be going anytime soon.

Anyone up for a night hunt with lights? We can pull out the shotguns and hit a few areas nearby. I have always wanted to try spottin around the Stillwater area.

Yuppiehunter

I hunt from Stillwater north to almost Duluth up the St. Croix river valley. It can be good hunting but slightly different then open fields. Much more wooded. The areas around Stillwater get hit pretty hard on the weekends and it's tough to find sets with everybody owning 20 acres, meaning you have to get permssion from 3-4 people just to make 1 set.. I prefer from Taylors Falls north due to larger farms and more public land. Come on up and try it out there's several large public areas and lot's of WMA all have lot's of coyote sign.

Tim

I have also hunted the LeCenter/Montgomery/New Prague areas. I have had good luck on a WMA just north of a town called Kilkenny. Havn't been down there in a few years but used to be pretty consistent calling from the grass toward the lake with a south wind. Anyone know where I'm talking about?

Tim

I went on a motorcycle run this summer and noticed that there would probably be good coyote hunting around these areas. I don't know much about any of these areas. I grew up in Northern MN. (20 miles East of Thief River Falls area) Its close to home I now live in Shakopee, and I am trying to get back out in the field. I hunted every chance I got growing up. I am new to predator hunting and eager to get the first of many. I have drilled a few deer hunting in the past... but yet to call one in. I have read these forums daily since I came accross it.... and have learned alot by everyone's storys and theorys. Thanks to all. I am going to try and get some permissions tomorrow and maybe do a few sets Sunday...

I went around the Killkenny area today, a few tracks but not much moving today. Only saw one square today that had quite a bit of human traffic.

Kaycee

Back