When calling........

Rocky

.....do you stick with one type of distress call or do you mix different sounds in. I'm wondering if I'm calling with too many different sounds at one stand and it is doing more harm than good. I guess it's hard for the animal to believe that a rabbit, a bird, and a pup are being attacked at the same time in the same spot! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't overthink the situation too much. Go ahead and use different sounds at one stand. I don't believe it hurts, but don't use up all your sounds at one stand. You will want to try some different sounds next time you hunt that stand.

I wouldn't think it would hurt anything. I used one of those little Johnny Stewart electronic calls you buy at wal-mart. And let it run continuous switching sounds back to back. I had several coons a fox and a coyote all come in on the same stand after about 45 + minutes of calling. When I use my homemade e-caller after I do a few coyote location howls. I'll go to a combo coyote/turkey distress as turkeys are common in the area I hunt. And that works out pretty well. So by this, I think mixing your sounds should help you out if anything. I say give him a menu of sounds and let him choose what he wants for supper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back