Who has tryed the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip in 22-250 50 & 55 grain?

Outlaw249

Who has tryed the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip in 22-250 50 & 55 grain?

I'm looking for some feedback good and bad Thinking of trying them

Joe

I recently worked up a load with the 55g CT in a VSSF 22/250. The load was 41.5g of Win 760, Win primer, Rem case, bullet seated to touch the lands, at 3830 fps...very fast for a 22/250. This load is usually hot in a non coated bullet, the coating must reduce the friction/pressure on the load or this barrel just likes a hot load. This load shot in the .300 range at 100 yards and shot 1 1/2" at 400 yards with a Burris Black Diamond 8-32 scope.

As to how this bullet kills predators...I can not comment. I have shot quite a few yotes with the 55g Nosler with extremely good luck out of a 22/250 AI...with no bullet failures on ribs or shoulders...that solid base just keeps on trucking!

I use to shoot them before I started reloading. They are very accurate and my gone grouped great with them. The problem I had with them is it didnt matter where I hit a coyote they had a huge hole it them. Good bullet that kills coyotes but to big of a hole for me.

I have been using the 50 grainers with very good accuracy and good results. Of course with any ballistic tip you take a chance of more damage with poor shot placement(on large bone). Both these and the Remington Accutip go with me every trip out. For close shooting with the .22-250 use a pointed soft point. Good Luck

Thanks for the info guys I will give them both a try and see if my gun likes them.
I'm not worried about fur damage I just want bang flop dead.

Joe

Back