IR Illuminators disucssed with PICS and reviews!

Victor_TNVC

Some folks already have NV gear and as good as it is, we have found that a good IR illuminator makes ALL the difference in the world especially with a Gen2 or lower system. Several years ago we began testing a new illuminator that had an effective TRUE range of 400m. After working with different wavelengths of lights, we settled on one to work at 805nm and it was eventually named "Da Torch". We have done an extensive review of da torch and also the new variable torches here for your review.

ELRTorch_main.jpg

The beauty of these high power LED IR illumnators is the ability of seeing your games' eyes at a LONG distance using these invisible flashlights. We have seen the eyes of yotes at 300+ with the use of a high end Gen 3 device. On a very special night approx. 1 year ago, I was snapping a pic at a 200m target at my local rifle range. It was approx 10pm and no moon when a hawk landed on the top of my target. With the torch, his right eye was a pinpoint of light that was amazing to say the least! The Variable torch gives you the ability to set your beam diameter to a 2deg through 8 deg by rotating the bezel. At a 2deg setting, you can easily reach out to 500m+! Here are a few pics of the units. I offer these units on my web site of course. Thanks all.

Torchat500MsubpicB.jpg

This pic was taken in IRAQ where one of our military customers was putting the fixed beam torch through some testing.
DaTorchlightinguptheIraqinight1.jpg

DaTorchonanM249inIraq.jpg

DAtorch_1.jpg

/]www.TNVC.com[/url]

Last edited:
Thought I would post a recent customer hunt report a customer just sent me! Enjoy....

Victor asked me a while back to post pics of the pigs I am hunting in south Texas, while using the fine equipment I purchased from him.

I had been remiss to do so lately, but I shot an especially fine hog the other night, and without the Torch VBF, I never would have gotten this one! [^] I was hunting in the River bottom, with my GF, and she had already shot one about an hour earlier. There is such a thick canopy of trees at my place, that if there is no moon, it is very dark down in there. On nights like that, without the Torch, a PVS-14, Gen III still only allows you to see detail at around 75 or so yards. I like to place my shots carefully, and so I like to see the parts of the animal at which I am shooting. This night was cloudy and pitch dark.

A hog came in to the food plot I was "protecting," intending to root up the precious deer-food there, and he was obviously big, but without the Torch all I could make out was a big, black blob as he came towards us. I turned on the VBF and adjusted the beam out to get maximum reach. Once he stopped and put his head forward, I could easily see details of his head, neck and his ear (which was where I wanted the bullet going). So, when he got to about 150 yards out, I launched a 110 grain Sierra Pro Hunter right behind his ear. THWOP....DRT

This setup just plain works:

ANPVS-14 (w 3x magnifier) behind Eotech 552 D1, with Da Torch VBF, mounted on my VLTOR CASV-M, in the 1 O'clock position. The Ko-Tonics 6.8 SPC upper is light enough that the whole rig still only weighs about 8lbs. Not bad at all, even when carrying it. [;D]

Thumbs up to ya' my man....

January08068.jpg

We've been out of stock since Christmas and we FINALLY got a new batch finished that are flying out da door next week! Thank you all for the patience.

Vic

Back