Coldest day so far

Big10gauge

Boy when I opened the front door this morning at 5 am and the thermometer was at 10 deg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I just about turned around and crawled back in bed but Sagebrushstalker was waiting for me at the usual meeting spot so I grabbed an extra jacket and headed out. During the 45 min drive to the hunting area the wind started blowing harder the nearer we got and drifts were forming, when we finally arrived the wind snatched the doors when we opened them. Great now 10 deg and 20 to 3 mph wind.
Being the typical varmint hunters, we thought since we're here let's just do it. Trudging through a foot and a half of snow we hunted for approx 7hrs and a total of 11 sets. We saw 6 coyotes and got 4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif. Froze our hind ends off. What we did find was the yotes were on the lee sides of the canyons out of the wind and in the sun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif. After we figured that out that's where we stayed. It did warm up around 10am to about 20 deg and the wind settled down. Here's a pic of the first 2.
1_27_2008.jpg

Congrats on the dogs. We have had one heck of a cold spell here to, our highs for the week may get up to 50 or so. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

It was 43F this morning at 8am... had to put on a jacket!! If it gets any colder I'll have to zip it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I feel for you guys! I grew up in Canada, hated the cold!

I once sat in a deer blind when it was 18 deg outside, it was the most miserable day in my life. Being from Texas, I just don't see how ya'll do that. Ya'll are tougher than me thats for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hey Big10,
Where do you hunt in Wash? I was up in loomis, Wa over christmas. WOW! what great coyote county. You guys have it good!

Those are nice. suppose to be around zero in the morning, with 10 + mph wind. Not as cold as out there. Yes I'm going out. Had to work the last cold spell.

Good looking coyotes.

We woke up this morning to -20 degree with a -32 windchill. I'm at work, but I don't think I'd go calling if I wasn't. Manmade stuff just doesn't want to work in that temp. Just driving a frozen vehicle was tough enough.

Tony

Brown Yote We pretty much hunt anywhere east of the cascades but mostly around Central and NE and yes Loomis has some nice country around it. Next time bring a rifle!!!

Last edited:
Back