Soreloser

wildbillb02

Quote:
You should try being Hovered on at 50yds by a helicopter with a really bright light and talking on the loud speaker. Now that's a good time.

I would like to hear this story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We were hunting in Southern Ca not too far from the Mexican border. It actually started earlier in the night as we were driving to a stand location. I had my window down and just heard the hmmmmm of something that wasn't right. Being in the Marine Corps and stationed on Air Stations my whole career, I've grown accustomed to the sound and I looked out my window to see a blacked out helicopter following us. Given our location it was one of two people, military or border patrol. The military has a hard time with Scrappers in the area and patrol it regularly with "Special" helos.

Anyway we kept driving and he kept trailing us, finally I had enough and I just decided to stop and see what happened. He hit the spot light, circled, I think I might have exchanged a friendly wave to let him know he was #1 and then he was off as silently as he came.

20 minutes later we are on a stand, shining the light. Mike was on the roof of the Jeep with the light and I was on the ground with the gun controlling the caller when I heard them again. This time they got to the 100yd mark and lit us up again. He came down to within 50yds off the deck, I guess to ID us. Like a bunch of Illegals are really going to be on top of a stopped vehicle waving a freakin' spotlight right? Anyway, here we are blinded, with rotor wash kicking up dust, Mike on the roof and some knucle head screaming on the loud speaker to remain still and in sight. DUH!!! He circled a couple time, shut the light off and vanished.

We figured we would give up on that stand as might have given our position away..

I know we aren't the only ones to experience this in So. Cal. You just never know what your going to call in, but then again we were playing "Helo in Heat"

Soreloser, years ago we actually crossed the border illegally during the day but were smart enough to hide our guns on the U.S. side.
We went over to hwy 2 in Baja on a nasty 4x4 road and gased up, then came back on the U.S. side and picked up our guns, no problem.
We then waited tell night and started hunting, killed a bunch of gray fox as we went through the hills.
I thought I saw some lights down by hwy 8, I didn't remember anything being there before?
As we got closer the lights went out, when we got to about a 1/4 mile from the hwy the whole desert light up like daylight.
Voices were coming from all around us in Spanish and English " out of the truck, hands on your head, walk backwards " We did just what they said too lol.
They must of had 50 people that were waiting to see what those amber and red lights were doing lighting up the hills. When they found out we were just hunting they let us go, but scared the he-- out of us.

Last edited:
Back